Chapter 5

Her stepmom said that she's an Elemental Vampire.

According to her, it is one of the nine supernatural abilities that a vampire and werewolf can possess. An Elemental can spark flames in a snap and summon vicious storms in a single glance and can even break windows via the Elemental's wind abilities.

Nonetheless, she liked it anyway. She felt identical to X-men's Storm and Beautiful Creatures' Lena Duchannes. Romaine said that she's still a "baby vampire", which means that her abilities are not that vivid yet. It can be triggered mostly by extreme emotions like anger or fury. It takes three long months to fully prosper one's powers, sometimes longer depending on the entity's constant feeding.

***

It's a miracle that she's already awake at four in the morning. Well, she should be; considering the fact that her ten-page English essay wasn't even started. Cramming has devoured Rozelyn like a serpent mangling a dove.

After taking a refreshing morning shower, Rozelyn went downstairs and found her stepmom cooking her breakfast for a fresh Monday start. Golden hues bathe their kitchen dining—courtesy of the morning sun's beaming light.

A traditional English breakfast was laid in front of her. She's not very much into this full breakfast; just a small bowl of porridge can actually sustain her for the entire morning. Nevertheless, they're in Northern Ireland anyway. So, a full English breakfast doesn't really bother her.

"I'm sorry about the windows, Romaine." Rozelyn apologized while munching her Hungarian sausage.

"It's alright, sweetie. I'm glad that our family now has a firestarter and a storm summoner," Romaine teasingly stated.

"Another thing, Roz," Her stepmom continued.

"Be careful wherever you go. Even though you're a vampire, you're still inexperienced. You may still get hurt. Also, watch out for Ludwig Vergara. That man is oozing with avarice."

"Don't worry, I will. I'll use my anxiety to summon earthquakes and wildfire if ever someone will hurt me," Rozelyn jokingly muttered.

"I guess you can just use your fangs and claws, Rosie."

The family's werewolf just came out of the shower. His topless appearance made Roz tremble a bit on the inside and ignited her natural feminine desires.

However, her stepmom—who happens to be a mind-reading Astral Vampire —insultingly mumbled to her telepathically.

He's smoking hot, isn't he?

Rozelyn made a face and stuck out her tongue to Romaine while the lad was fetching himself a black coffee.

I'm not Cersei Lannister, Romaine.

She replied mentally and was stomping her right foot benignly. Her stepmom's eyes narrowed and raised her brow.

So I've heard.

A melting pot of irritation began to stir within Rozelyn's.

I only admire his incomparable beauty, stepmom.

She replied like the calm before the storm.

"Are you two conversing mentally?"

The Pasiphae Werewolf, who can duplicate anyone's powers, asked while buttoning his cream-colored long sleeves.

Rozelyn cleared her throat and said, "Nothing. I was just mumbling my amendments for yester night's occurrence."

Cyrill stares at her with an austere gaze and Rozelyn can't help but to endure the piercing look of her stepmom's pup.