2.

"Monu bro! I can't have this hospital ka khana. Yaha lasagna milega kya?" Sid asked as Monami walked into the infirmary.

"You idiot, gadha, kamina, pagal insaan!" Monami kept hitting him.

"Awww!! Kya kar rahi hai? Pehle hi uss Ms. Todfod ne sab tod diya ab tu wapas tod rahi hai?" Sid groaned in pain.

"Exactly Sid. Uss todfod.... I mean Sanjana ne tujhe itna toda phir bhi tune match kyu nahi stop kiya? Tu jaane wala tha na yaha se, toh achanak se tujhe academy join karne ka kya sukha?" Monami asked.

Sid blushed. "Mujhe meri Ms. Tattoo mil gayi. Ab main yahi rukunga. Dole shole ka test bhi pass kar diya toh ab woh bhi nahi nikal sakta mujhe. Sid G is officially a trainee of Parakram SAF!"

"Sid tune sachhi ek ladki ki wajah se itni maar khai? Tu pagal hai?"

"Love at first sight bro!"

Monami heard a knock and she turned to see Sanjana at the door with a bouquet. Sid sat up straighter looking at her. She came in nervously and stood before Sid.

"Sorry." She blurted out, surprising Monami. She could've never imagined Sanjana apologising to anyone in her life. Sanjana handed the bouquet to Sid. "Aur welcome to Parakram SAF. Tu jeet gayo hai. Karan sir ne kal se training join karne bola hai."

"No sorry Sanjana. Jo kiya tumhare liye kiya..." Sid said.

Monami's eyes suddenly landed on Sanjana's tattoo and she understood what was happening. Sanjana was Sid's tattoo girl. He was in love with Sanjana. Monami felt faint realising the truth. This was officially too much to bear. They were poles apart.

"Hey beautiful girl, tum jitna maarogi main utna maar khaane ke liye ready hu." Sid said.

This ended Sanjana's patience. "Tumhara mangetar tumhare saamne humpe line maare ja raha hai aur tum chup chap tamasha dekh rahi ho? Aiso hai, tumhare sharir mein jitni haddiyan bachi hai woh sab hum abhi tod denge. Koi farak nahi padta ki tum aspatal mein ho. Samajh aayi baat?"

"Bilkul samajh aa gayi!" Sid said.

Sanjana walked away and Monami hit him once more, making him wince in pain. "Tu pagal hai? Woh sachhi teri saare haddiyan tod degi! Dekh Sid, Tera aur uska koi mel nahi hai. Tu wapas ghar laut ja. Yeh jagah dairy farm se bhi zyada buri hai. Tere liye toh bilkul nahi hai."

Sid sighed. "Monu bro, ek baat bata. Tujhe kabhi pyaar hua hai?"

"Nahi."

"Exactly! Tu nahi samjhegi. Iske pyaar mein toh main haddiyan kya, jaan bhi gawa du. Tujhe jab pyaar hoga tab tu samjhegi. Pyaar mein logic nahi hota."

Monami hit her head. Her best bro had gone crazy.

***

"Monami ignore kar rahi hai jo janab se saha nahi ja raha.." Faizi said.

"Aisa kuch nahi hai. In fact, mujhe toh shanti mil rahi hai. Monami tsunami ka silent version hi thik hai." Karan said.

To his annoyance, it was Monami who came to the mess hall first. She was surprised to see him there, and unfortunately her eyes met his. Quickly averting her gaze, she went out. Karan followed her. He caught her hand and made her look at him by pulling her close.

"Kya kar rahe ho?" Monami asked.

"Tum kya kar rahi ho? Shayad tum bhul rahi ho I'm your trainer and you cannot ignore me."

Monami was surprised to see that he even cared. "Training field mein main tumhare saare orders maanti hu. Isse zyada mujhe tumhari koi baat sunne ki zaroorat nahi."

"Yaha tum nahi, main decisions leta hu." Karan said. "Tumhe apne uss fiancé ke liye itna hi bura lag raha hai then you both can get out of this academy."

Monami looked at him crossly. She freed herself from his grip and walked back to her room without any dinner. What was Khadoos Shergill's problem? He had problem when she talked to him. He had problem when she ignored him. She just couldn't figure him out. What did he want? Monami laid down on her bed, waiting to fall asleep but she was too hungry. Damn that Khadoos Shergill! She couldn't even eat her dinner because of him.

"Tumar laane khana laya hai." Sanjana came to the room with a tray of food. "Aur yeh roj ka natak nahi chalega. Koi room service nahi khol rakhi hai humne."

She kept the tray on her bed. Monami's mouth watered when she saw food. She was so hungry! "Thanks but tumhe mere liye dinner lane ki koi zaroorat nahi thi."

"Karan sir ne bhejo hai."

Monami was surprised. She never expected Karan to send her dinner. She would've thought he got pleasure watching her starve for one night. He sent her food with an extra helping of custard too. Was he again being sweet? Why couldn't she understand him?

"Karan sir itne bhi bure na hai. Unko aur mujhko sachhi nahi laga tha ki woh Chirkoot khada khada maar khayega. Hum toh bas use bhagana chahte the yaha se." Sanjana said.

"Thanks Sanjana, khana lane ke liye." Monami smiled. "I don't think iss baar Sid bhagne wala hai. So good luck to you!"

"Good luck to me? Par kyu?" Sanjana asked.

Monami just shrugged and focused on her food. Poor girl didn't know what was coming for her. Sid loved her and she had no idea. As far as Monami knew Sid, he would make Sanjana return his affections. It was tough, but Sid was ziddi. The girl needed all the luck in the world to survive Sid's charms.