Second chapter

17th August 2015

'Louis Tomlinson broken up with his long-time girlfriend Eleanor?' Harry read the article he found on his phone and almost screamed with excitement. Thing is, as many other fans of Louis', he also believed Louis was being closeted. He believed Louis liked boys and hated the fact that people pushed him into the closet. Harry felt like him, but also not quite. Harry's parents were the ones pushing him into the closet, or rather not even letting him admit he is in one, and Louis' parents... Well they seemed like really accepting people. Harry was sure One direction's management company was to blame for Louis' case.

Harry continued to read the article and there were pictures of Louis and Eleanor, looking like they just had a fight, and even though Harry believed it was all an act, he still felt bad for him. He just wanted to find him and hold him in his arms, even though the singer was almost tell years older than him. He wanted to be there for him and to try to make everything a bit better. He felt like many of his fans did.

He screenshotted the article and posted it on his Twitter account with a caption: are we surprised, besties?

He soon got a couple of replies and some of his mutual even messaged him in private.

His twitter account was up for more than a year already. He made it the same day as Gemma showed him hers and he's been really active ever since. Louis was the first person he followed on his account, which username was lousboy28, and the second one was Gemma. His account grew every day, and for his 14th birthday he reached 5k followers. He couldn't believe it, really, but he was grateful as well. There were so many people who appreciated him as a person, who knew he was gay and closeted and didn't care about how he looked like. Twitter was the place where he could be who he is and no one judged him for it. He found friends there, most of them were girls but some of them were boys too.

He loved spending time on his account and what he loved even more, was messaging Louis himself. He loved that Louis had open DMs, even though he knew he would probably never read his messages. The thing was, he wanted to tell Louis everything. He felt safe writing to him, because he felt like Louis is in the same boat. Closeted, that is. He checked his messages to Louis and laughed at the first one he ever wrote.

The messages were long and so heartfelt and Harry realised, he told the man more than he ever told anyone else. He told him the things not even Gemma knew. And weirdly, that made him even more connected to Louis. He stared writing again. But he didn't know how to say what he wanted to say. He didn't know how to write something to someone who just broke up with their girlfriend, even though he believed they were never actually together.

'Hi, I know you won't see this, but I just wanted you to know I love you so much. And I'm so happy I found you all these years ago and stuck with you. You're my favourite person on earth. And I know, that sounds weird, because I don't really know you, but I still feel that way and I think we're similar in a way.' Well, that definitely wasn't the way he wanted to write the message, but he still sent it. He just wanted to send something.

He then proceeded to listen to One direction and enjoy his free time before football training.

"Harry!" He heard from downstairs and quickly got up, threw the phone on his bed and ran downstairs. His father always yelled his name. And even though they looked like they were on good terms, Harry never wanted to be near his father. He always had to act around him, appear to be masculine, he was never muscular enough, manly enough and his father always asked him questions about girls in his class.

"Yes?" He appeared in front of the father in seconds and the look on his face said everything. He had to do something wrong.

"You forgot to take the trash out. Again!" He said and Harry wanted to roll his eyes. But he knew if he did that, his father would slap him across his face. Harry knew exactly how to act and what to do around his father not to get punished. He mustn't show him he's annoyed, or sad, or angry. He just has to hide it and deal with it on his own. He learnt that when he was ten years old. He was crying because of something his dad told him and when he came into the bedroom and saw him crying, he started yelling. Thankfully Gemma was there, because if she wasn't, Harry would probably get spanked.