(Ch.1) Love of another wolf {pt.1}

At High School
There was something about Garth, the leading alpha at Humphrey's high school. It was something Humphrey had never felt before... at least not with another male. Those feelings were supposed to come from being around or thinking about certain females. Humphrey knew that. He had his whole life. He tried his best to suppress the feelings. It was not right.

Too bad Garth had to be so freaking hot. And cute. And way taller than Humphrey. And so muscular and athletic.

The two wolves were not strangers. Humphrey had been over to Garth's house to hang out and mess around multiple times. They had really grown close over the past year and a half. Garth had a girlfriend, Lilly, one of the shy omegas at the school. They were a picture perfect couple. And yet, for some reason, Humphrey couldn't help but be jealous whenever he saw them together. So happy. What he wouldn't give to be... Lilly!

One cold, fall morning, Humphrey sat at the kitchen table, playing with his food, thinking about Garth. He shivered as a cool draft blew through the kitchen. His mom had the door open to "air out" the house. Humphrey smiled softly when he remembered a playful conversation he had had with the big alpha last week.

"Yeah football is probably the gayest sport there is," Garth had joked. "You play around with a bunch of buff guys tackling each other, then you're in the locker room half naked, and when you make a great play, you smack each other's tail ends." He paused as Humphrey laughed at his weird joke. "But it's lots of fun, I guess."

"You're pretty funny for an alpha," Humphrey said as he finished laughing.

Garth shrugged. "I can be," he said before a pause. "Especially around people I really like." Then he had winked and walked off, leaving Humphrey wondering what he meant... if he had meant what he hoped he meant.

Just then, Humphrey's Auntie came into the kitchen. Like any mom would, she noticed Humphrey was deep in thought and hardly touching his breakfast. "Are you okay sweetie-spice?"

Humphrey nodded. "Yeah just uh... thinking about a lot."

Humphrey's Auntie dried the dishes that were sitting on the counter as she spoke to her grandson. "You can tell me anything."

With a loud sigh, Humphrey pushed his food away, a total of three bites taken. "Well uh... there's this guy at school and I... 'found out' that he's kind of developing feelings for... well, another guy."

Humphrey's Auntie nearly dropped the glass she was putting in the cabinet. She growled lowly. Humphrey winced. What was he to expect from a woman like her anyway? She was traditional, raised by conservative Christians, raising her family to be the same or "better" than her. "That's too bad," she said as she put the dishes away roughly.

"Auntie, you're rage cleaning," Humphrey said.

"Why shouldn't I be? In a small town like this... in the "Bible Belt" of the country... a gay wolf at my own boy's school! That's not supposed to happen here... they're spreading! I could never be friends with or even associate with a gay person; it doesn't matter who they are to me!"

Humphrey grabbed his book bag and started walking out. "I gotta go," he mumbled.

He had been trying to indirectly ask about advice on himself, of course. He was having feelings for another male. For Garth.

To Be Continued......