(Ch.3) The Date?

At Humphrey's House
"Bye Auntie. Garth and I are gonna go get food and have some fun tonight!" Humphrey said as he left the house.

"Don't get too crazy, and don't go to any girl's houses without their parents being home!" she yelled.

"No problem," Humphrey said as he hopped in the passenger seat of Garth's red truck.

"Ready?" Garth smiled a sparkling smile.

Humphrey nodded. "Yeah! Where are we going anyway?"

"There's a new spy movie I want to see, and if you want we can get ice cream after."

"That sounds fun!" Humphrey smiled big, wagging his tail.

Garth and Humphrey did not stop talking from the time they left Humphrey's house to the time the previews ended and the movie started. And as soon as the movie was over, they started talking again. Late that night, as they walked along the sidewalk in the nearly shutdown town square, Humphrey shivered.

"Chilly huh?" Garth smiled.

Humphrey nodded. "That ice cream was good, but it made me even colder." Then Garth draped his warm, large hoodie on Humphrey's shoulders. Humphrey stopped shivering and then turned to look up at Garth, who was at least six inches taller, maybe even bigger than that.

"Better?" Garth smiled as he massaged Humphrey's shoulders before letting go.

Humphrey nodded, still kind of surprised at Garth's behavior. He had paid for the movie, driven him, and paid for ice cream. Now, he even made sure he was plenty warm. "Yeah. Nice and warm. Smells like you too. But ew, Garth hair!" Humphrey laughed as he pulled one of Garth's hairs out of the hood.

Garth blushed. "S-sorry!"

Humphrey laughed. "I'm totally kidding, I don't mind it. It's your hoodie after all."

Garth smiled. After a brief pause where the two wolves awkwardly stared at each other, Garth spoke. "Humphrey, there's something I wanted to talk to you about… Actually, there's a lot of things I want to talk to you about."

"Yeah… actually, I want to talk to you about some things too… first off, quick question. Was this a date?"

Garth blushed again and stretched an arm behind his neck, his bicep bulging out. "Well… I don't know." He looked away to hide his embarrassment. "Uh…" he looked back down at Humphrey. "Do you want it to be?"

Humphrey nodded slowly.

Garth smiled. "Yeah. Yeah it was. It was totally a date and I've actually been trying to get up the courage to ask you for a month."

Humphrey laughed. "Oh Garth, for an alpha you can be kinda silly."

Garth shrugged. "You rub off on me." Then he added, "You know, you still look kinda cold."

"Well why don't you warm me."

Garth reached out and pulled Humphrey into his arms. Humphrey's head fit perfectly in the center of Garth's chest, like it was made to be there. Humphrey ran his paws along Garth's back, and Garth rubbed Humphrey's shoulders gently. Garth nuzzled Humphrey's head before releasing the omega again. But before Humphrey fully pulled away, Garth put the hood up and pulled it over Humphrey's eyes.

"Hey!" Humphrey exclaimed. He pulled it off to look up at Garth laughing.

"Hehe," Garth smiled wagging his tail. "I couldn't resist! It goes easily over your head."

"Hey, come on, it's like three sizes too big for me!"

The alpha and omega smiled, staring at each other before Garth sighed. "Humphrey, I think we have a lot to talk about. Wanna go sit in the truck?"

"Sure Garth. Getting cold without your hoodie?"

Garth laughed. "Haha, yeah! I think I'm going to buy you one that matches it and fits you better."

The two wolves climbed into the cab of the truck and sighed. Garth turned on the engine and cranked up the heat. Humphrey covered his front with the nearly blanket sized hoodie, burying his muzzle in the hood.

"Humphrey, I want you to be my boyfriend… but… gosh, I'm so scared! So much I'm thinking about and worried about. I can't sleep. I can hardly eat. I'm skipping football practices! There's no way anyone I know would support this or be okay with it. They think it's evil for a guy and a guy to be together."

Humphrey nodded. "I know Garth. My Aunt said she wouldn't have anything to do with a gay guy."

"I don't know about you, but technically I'm bisexual…"

"Me too, but doesn't matter to her. Guy on guy equals gay equals wrong to her. I'd get kicked out, or quarantined and kept from you."

Garth nodded looking down.

"But she doesn't have to know… No one has to know…" Humphrey said lowly, half to himself.

"What?" Garth asked. He'd heard, but he wanted clarification.

"No one has to know," Humphrey repeated. Then he explained. "My auntie thought we were just going to have some fun as friends tonight. We always do stuff as friends together. Didn't your parents think the same thing?"

Garth nodded. "Yeah. I guess you're right. We'd be close friends by day, lovers by night. Sounds… fun."

Humphrey smiled. "I'll be your boyfriend, Garth. I don't think anything could make me happier."

Garth's tail thumped against the seat in the truck. "I can think of some things."

Humphrey cocked his head sideways, curiously.

"A kiss would be nice."

"Oh!" Humphrey leaned in to Garth and the two wolves kissed softly, lightly on the lips. They held it a second and then let go. And that was their first kiss.

"Wow… I've kinda been waiting a while to do that," Garth smiled.

"I've been dreaming of it too, Garth. I dream of you."

"And now you have me."

Humphrey smiled, his heart feeling so full, so alive. The wolves stared into each other's eyes, each smiling, lovesick for each other. Humphrey shook his head. "Garth, I don't want to go home."

"Don't."

"Really? You'll let me stay the night?"

"Hey, I got a big bed. I may be a big wolf, but there's room for another."

Humphrey chuckled a little. "I'll tell my aunt we're having an impromptu sleepover."

"Okay! We can go straight to my house. You can wear a pair of my shorts."

At Garth's house
Humphrey came into Garth's bedroom wearing a pair of shorts that barely stayed on his waist. "Garth, these don't fit!"

Garth laughed. "Aw, you look so little in those!"

Humphrey rolled his eyes. "I'll be fine in just underwear."

"Suit yourself. I like them on you. But they are way too big for you."

Humphrey merely pushed on the waistline and the shorts dropped to the floor around his ankles. The next thing he knew, he was swept up bridal style into Garth's arms. "Whoa!" he exclaimed, but then he made himself comfortable as Garth held him, carrying him to the bed. He couldn't take his eyes off Garth, his lovely green eyes, his large muscles, beautiful auburn and cream fur… Garth sure was one heck of a wolf. The alpha gently set the omega in the bed and then climbed in behind him. Humphrey was laying on his side, and he felt Garth pull him in, gently spooning him from behind. The wolves sighed, relaxing, eyes fluttering dreamily as they snuggled and nuzzled each other. "Oh Garth…"

"Hehe, what?"

"I wish we'd gotten together sooner."

"Me too."

Garth wrapped his paws firmly around Humphrey's bare chest, holding him safe and secure. Humphrey snuggled back, feeling Garth's strong, safe arms wrapped around his smaller body. He'd never felt better in his life.

To Be Continued......