01

Chapter one Rick O'Connell Angelica's POV:"We should go

Chapter one
Rick O'Connell
Angelica's POV:
"We should go. He might still be mad at me for stealing his map." Jonathan said. Evelyn rolled her eyes and said "I can't believe you lied." "I lie to everyone. What makes you so special?" "I'm your sister!" "Well, like I said, Evie, I lie to everyone." "Which isn't a good trait. You shouldn't lie." I said to him. Jonathan shrugged and said "maybe I'll stop lying. For you." I shook my head at him and Naomi sighed. "This guy better know where the lost city is." "He better. We're standing in a prison. In Cairo! A Cairo prison!" Francisco said as he gestured to the building. A tall lean man with glasses sitting on his nose was talking to the warden just as we were approaching the cell that was holding our guy. They drug him out and he looked disheveled. He was filthy and his hair was long. "Who are you?" He said to Jonathan. He then noticed Evelyn, Naomi and I. "Who are the broads?" "Broads?" Evelyn and I said in unison. Jonathan looked at us and then at him. "Broads? Let's not use that word." "Are they both women?" "Yes, they are. Call them women." Jonathan corrected. The man in the cell rolled his eyes and then looked at Evelyn and I. "Is it true you've been to Hamunaptra?" I asked. He nodded and said "yeah." "You swear?" "Every damn day." I furrowed my eyebrows and he said "you know what I mean. Yes. I've been there." "Could you tell us how to get there?" Evelyn said. He looked at Jonathan and said "do I know you?" Jonathan quickly shook his head and said "no, I don't think so." "He's the one that took your map." The tall guy with the glasses said. Jonathan was then punched in the face by the man in the cell. Evelyn gasped and I said "Jonathan." "I'm fine. I'm fine, Angel. I'm fine." "Is your name Angel?" "It doesn't matter what my name is. Will you tell me how to get to Hamunaptra?" He motioned for me to come closer to the cell. "Yeah. I'll tell you." "Really?" He nodded and I took a step closer to the cell. "You really want to know?" "Yes. I'd love to have the exact location, please." He grabbed me by my chin, pressing his lips to mine. I felt his lips move against mine and for some reason I kissed back. He was then hit by the guards. "If you really want to know, get me the hell out of here." I stepped away from the cell, stumbling back, Jonathan grabbing me at the waist. I blinked a few times and Naomi said "did he just kiss you?" "Yeah. He said the only way he'll tell us about Hamunaptra is if we get him out of here. We have to get him out of the prison." I said. "I've tried. I've been trying for a couple of days now. They won't let him leave." The tall man with glasses said. "Who are you?" Naomi asked him. "Troy. Troy Whitley. I'm a prince." He offered her his hand for her to shake. She shook his hand and he then shook all of ours. "We'll pay him. We have quite enough money." Evelyn said. "Yes, we could do that." I replied. "I can't believe you just got kissed by some bum!" Francisco said while laughing. Jonathan chuckled from behind me. "The kiss doesn't matter. What does matter is, we need to get him out." I said. "Well, you'd better think of enough money. He wouldn't take any of mine." Troy said. "Who?" "The warden." "Where did you take him?" I asked the warden. "He's to be hung for his crimes." "Hung?!" Evelyn exclaimed. Evelyn went to follow the warden to offer him money. Jonathan's hands were still on my waist and I looked at him and said "Johnny." He immediately let go and said "sorry." I half smiled at him and Francisco said "holy shit! They really are hanging him!" I turned around to see him on a platform. The kiss he had placed on my lips was all I could think about and I hated it. He was in prison. He was a complete scoundrel. I liked men who presented themselves like Jonathan but weren't as clumsy as him. "I will give you one hundred pounds to save this man's life." Evelyn said to the warden. The warden rolled his eyes and said "Madame, I would pay one hundred pounds just to see him hang." "Two! Two hundred pounds!" "Proceed with the hanging." "Three hundred pounds!" Troy shook his head and said "I offered him that much and he said no. And I'm actually scared they might hang him." "What does he mean to you?" Naomi asked. "He's my best friend. I've been trying to get him out of this bloody prison for three days." Troy replied. Jonathan looked over at him and said "three days?" Troy nodded. "Oh, I would just die! To be in this filthy place for three days!" Jonathan's loud voice had caused people to look over at us. "Three days! Good lord!" He continued to go on and I quickly covered his mouth. He furrowed his eyebrows at me and I said "you're drawing attention." Jonathan looked around and removed my hand from his mouth. "Five hundred pounds!" Evelyn said. The warden looked at her as if he was considering it but was then slapped by Evelyn. I looked up at our guide who was now hanging. I gasped and covered my mouth. "Ha ha! His neck did not break! Now we have to watch him choke to death!" Francisco nudged Jonathan and said "that's radical." Jonathan shook his head and said "that's awful." I grabbed Jonathan's arm out of fear as I watched the man dangle, gasping for air. "He knows the location of Hamunaptra." Evelyn told the warden. "You lie." He said. "I would never!" "Are you telling me this filthy son of a pig knows where to find the city of the dead?" "Yes!" "Truly! And if you cut him down, we can give you ten percent of the treasure." "Fifty percent." "Twenty!" "Forty!" "Thirty!" "Twenty five!" Evelyn smirked and said "deal!" The warden quickly realized he made an offer lower than hers and he groaned in annoyance. "Cut him down!" The man was then cut down and I let out a breath of relief. Francisco huffed and said "damn." I hit him over the head and he yelped. I let go of Jonathan's arm and he quickly looked away from me as I did so. "Sir, what's your name?" I asked. He coughed and said "Rick. Rick O'Connell." "Well, I'm glad you're ok, Mr. O'Connell." He nodded. Evelyn and I were quite proud of ourselves. Troy rushed over to Rick and began helping him, taking him away somewhere. "Meet us at the docks tomorrow!" Rick yelled just as he was ushered away by Troy.

Here's the first chapter!! I'm really excited to write this book!! I don't write many books like this one so I hope y'all enjoy it!!
~skylar🧡🧡🧡🧡