09

Chapter nine "Darling, Naomi

Chapter nine
"Darling, Naomi."
Angelica's POV:
The car. Everyone had to get to the car. Jonathan tapped his foot nervously, gripping the steering wheel. "They'd better hurry up." He chuckled. Francisco sat back against the back seat, exhaling. I turned to look at him and said "Cisco, you ok?" "Yeah, I'm ok, Angel." I half smiled at him and Jonathan's foot began to tap faster. Francisco groaned and said "Jonathan, you're stressing me out!" Jonathan turned to look at him and said "I can't help it!" I put a hand on his arm and said "Johnny, it'll be fine." He nodded and Rick came out, jumping in the front seat next to Jonathan and I, Evie next to him. Troy, Naomi, Mr. Daniels, Ardeth and the museum curator got in the backseat. Francisco looked at Ardeth and said "why's he here?" Ardeth looked at him and Rick told Jonathan to start driving. Jonathan quickly did as he was told, slamming his foot on the gas. "Imhotep, they're getting away!" Beni yelled. Naomi rolled her eyes and said "I'm going to kick his ass." Rick held his gun in his hand, awaiting for someone to rush the car. The car was topless and anyone standing on the side could easily pull one of us out. We were then stopped as all the villagers were now blocking the way. Jonathan slammed on the brakes, Rick putting his arm in front of me protectively. Jonathan gulped and Francisco said "we're screwed." Troy sat up and said "we're doomed." Francisco looked at him and said "that was so much more ominous." Rick then put his foot on the gas, making the car go. "Rick, we're going to hit all those people!" Jonathan yelled. Rick wasn't hearing it. The car began to pick up speed as the majority of the villagers in front of us were hit by the speeding car. Jonathan steered the car as best as he could. But some of the villagers managed to climb onto the car. One grabbed me and I yelped in fear. "Angel!" Jonathan said. All of a sudden I was then dropped into the backseat. Ardeth looked at me and said "you're welcome." I scoffed softly and climbed my way back up to the front. Mr. Daniels was then pulled out of the car. There was nothing we could do to help him since Rick and Jonathan didn't slow down. It was only a matter of time before we couldn't drive anymore. We all piled out of the car and tried to run but we were surrounded. I had ahold of Rick's arm out of fear. Then he stepped out into the middle of the crowd. Imhotep in all his glory. Beni translated something he said and Naomi was quick to correct him. "He said for all eternity, dumbass." Beni looked down at the ground and Imhotep stepped forward. "Naomi, darling, you'll come with me." My eyes widened at him and my best friend shook her head at him. "No." Troy went to stand in front of her and Ardeth stopped him. "The two of us can be happy together. If you come with me now, I'll spare your friends." Imhotep said in ancient Egyptian. Naomi looked at me and I looked at her worriedly. "If I get turned into a mummy, you're the first one I'm coming after." Naomi said to Troy. She walked over to the mummy who put his arm around her. "Naomi!" Troy said as Rick and Ardeth stopped him. Imhotep smirked at Troy and Rick said "we'll save you." I gave Imhotep a pleading look which made him approach me. Rick went to grab me and Imhotep pulled me towards him. "You look like her." He said. I furrowed my eyebrows and said "who?" "Princess Dendera." My eyes widened and Imhotep announced that he'd be taking Evelyn as well, for a sacrifice. "Sacrifice?!" Jonathan gaped. Imhotep then turned to Naomi and said "we shall go. And kill them." "No! No!" Naomi yelled as she tried to get out of his grip. Imhotep chuckled and the museum curator told us to hide in a tunnel. Ardeth grabbed me from Rick, pushing me towards the hole in the ground. "Go." He demanded. I panted and looked down. "Go, Angel." Rick said. I nodded and quickly went down the ladder, Francisco following me. Troy came down, running his hands through his hair. Once we were all safe, we heard the museum curator screaming, signaling he had died. "What do we do? What do we do?" I asked as I paced. Rick looked at me and I said "Evie's gone and he took Naomi. He took her. He's going to do horrible things to her." "No, he won't. We're going to get her back." Troy said. I looked up at him and said "how?" "We'll stop him." Tears filled my eyes and I said "we have to. She's my best friend. She's like my sister. We have to, Troy." Troy looked down at me and said "we will." Rick grabbed me by my arms and I sniffled. He brushed a few tears away from my face. "We'll get her back." He said softly. "Promise?" My lip quivered and a strand of hair fell into my face as I looked down. Rick made me look up at him. "I promise, Angie."

-

Once the commotion above had stopped, we made our way back to the hotel/base. Francisco patted my back as we walked. I wiped my face which was probably tear stained. Troy took his glasses off and ran a hand through his hair. Rick picked me up and I looked at him questioningly. "You need to rest." He said. I nodded against his chest and he walked me all the way to my room. He set me on my bed and then closed the doors to the balcony, locking them. He then closed the sheer white curtains. Rick went to exit the room. I sat up and said "Rick?" He turned around to look at me. "Will you stay with me? I'm a bit scared to be alone." I picked at the beaded blanket on the hotel bed, not looking at Rick. "You want me to stay?" He asked. My eyes flickered up to look at him. "Yeah. Sure. I'll stay." His voice was nervous and I half smiled at that.

He closed the bedroom door and sat down next to me

He closed the bedroom door and sat down next to me. He shuffled off his boots and I took off my shoes. "We'll get them back." I nodded and said "I know. It still scares me that we won't." "I won't let them die. Imhotep will pay." I nodded again. Rick cupped my cheek and leaned in a bit. "I'd kiss you but I'm not sure if you'd want it." He whispered. "Why wouldn't I want it?" I asked. "I don't want to take advantage of you. You're in a different state of mind right now. You're best friend has just been captured by a mummy." "You wouldn't be taking advantage of me. I want it too."

Here's the update!! Sorry it's been so long, I've had a lot going on this month!!
~Skylar🧡🧡🧡🧡