XXXI

ZAFFRE, EAST INDIGO.

We descended on the coast of Zaffre embarked in the canoes through an ancient canal.

The waves are calm, the water its so crystal blue that if I look down I can see my reflection in it, can see even the city that is deep in the ocean.

Although the water seems very calm, this waters are treacherous, from a moment to another can turn into cold and violent. A bad movement could make that calm ocean become our worst nightmare.

The canals gives the appearance of being a palace in the middle of the ocean, white phoenixes and gulls, which are not very common in the north, fly freely through the canal, and make everything seem so unreal. The weak light from the cities around and under that resembles the ones of the Citru, Kliam and Kacilan moons, enters through the through the windows, as the wind swing gently the waters.

"Is it your first time in this part of the east, lieutenant Teal?" Ask the boy who paddles calmly.

"Is it too noticeable?" I ask and I look at him and he smiles.

"A bit." He says and my eyes return to observe the incredible place.

"Don't worry, you are not the only one." he says and look at those who came with me.

They're looking around as if they were kids astonished with such architecture.

"I know, it's awesome." he said and I look at him.

"Do you see tourists this shocked all the time?" I ask.

"I do. It is very entertaining and funny to watch them. I hope you are not offended by what I said, my lieutenant." He says kindly.

"Offended? Why?" I say with a smile. "So you know this route very well?" I ask.

"Even blindfolded I could take you there." He answers.

Something does not fit very well in this situation, why would tourists come to this place? I know it is impressive, but it is very dangerous for tourists.

I will investigate this situation when I return from the mission.

"This canal was built 100,0273 centuries ago." He says calling my attention and I look at him.—It was designed by the famous Atlas simplicity architect of that time, Citlati Haf, he was sentence to death by the emperor of Atlas at the time, Emperor Dune Langkawi just a century after the canal was built. It's so unfortunate that he couldn't enjoy his fame enough. It was a gift from him to Empress Umiko Taupe, mother of empress Millar. Built in white stone and marble has endured the anger of the ocean, and many wars, including the Syrup War which is related to the beginning to the war of the 7,000 centuries, which tried to destroy this beautiful architecture, but it did not bend even though when the bombs threatened to destroy its glory." He says as my hand slides in the waters.

"Intersting fact, I've never heard of it." I say looking at the crystalline waters.

"I grew up here, so it's a requirement for me to learn as being a citizen of this land." He says.

We get off at the shore of the beach and from here we will have to walk and go on our own.

"Do not separate, stay together." I say as I walk.

"I hate this place, my bracelet is not working as it is supposed to." Nolan complains.

"It's because the force of attraction of the portals." Jewel says.

"Of course I know." He says and Jewel rolls her eyes.

Suddenly I get a call from the colonel.

"Colonel-...