meeting

─── " 💥 " ˚✗ˏ'୭̥-ˋˏ M A S K S ! ˎˊ-❝ chapter two ❞出会い ───  meeting© 𝘮𝘪𝘭𝘧𝘴𝘨𝘢𝘳𝘥𝘦𝘯

─── " 💥 " ˚✗ˏ'୭̥
-ˋˏ M A S K S ! ˎˊ-
chapter two
出会い ───  meeting
© 𝘮𝘪𝘭𝘧𝘴𝘨𝘢𝘳𝘥𝘦𝘯

─── " 💥 " ˚✗ˏ'୭̥-ˋˏ M A S K S ! ˎˊ-❝ chapter two ❞出会い ───  meeting© 𝘮𝘪𝘭𝘧𝘴𝘨𝘢𝘳𝘥𝘦𝘯

The voices are getting loud again.

They don't give me a break; I'm suffocating and I'm begging them to let me breathe for one goddamn minute, but their grips are too tight around my throat, their screams too loud in my head.

When I am gifted that brief moment of serenity, where not even my own thoughts can penetrate, I take a breath.

And then I regret it; living—continuing on with this hell-infested mind of mine, because god, I am so tired. I am tired of wanting to be anywhere but my own head.

The everyday people of this world pollute me. I walk into the market and watch as the cashier reads a news paper article, however his lewd and perverse aura which sends a shiver up my spine tells me that there is another more indecent magazine hidden from view. I hear the small girl begging for a new shirt, her bitter envy and desperation telling me she thinks wearing pretty clothes would make the other kids at school stop picking on her. When her mother tells her "not this time", the girl storms off, her frustration leaving a tangy taste on my tongue. This same mother only sighs in response, the stress of not knowing whether she can afford dinner for her kids practically eating her up inside. I hear the boy with the bruised lip who's reading comic books, his sorrow radiating from him as he tries to forget his father's reaction to his failing grades.

It feels like there are hands on me instead. On my arms and on my back. On my neck and on my head, pushing it down and keeping it down. Wrapped tightly around my ankles as they sink me further and further into this ocean until I can't breathe anymore and it all becomes too much.

A hand tugs on my sleeve, breaking me out of my spiral. I turn down to look at my younger brother, who was smiling widely at me, showcasing the gap where one of his front teeth should have been.

"Are you okay?" Haru asks, his smile slightly faltering when he senses how overwhelmed I am. My brother has an ability similar to mine, however his is far less developed, causing him to only merely have a feel for emotions, but not to the extent that I can.