12

The Avengers have successfully captured Loki and won the Battle of New York.

They all meet up at the bridge to say their goodbyes.

Bruce puts the Tesseract in a holder, that Selvig created. Thor puts his hand on Selvig's shoulder and smiles at him. Loki takes ahold of the Tesseract container, Thor twists it, and then they are off to Asgard. 

Steve shakes Tony's hand. Natasha gives Bruce a bag. Clint gives Lauren a hug then gets into his car. Natasha gives her a hug as well and whispers something in her ear that only the two can here. Natasha gets into Clint's car. Tony and Bruce get in a car and speed off.

Steve turns around to face Lauren. He smiles as his cheeks turn a soft pink. He shoves his hands into his pants pockets and clears his throat.

" So, uh... wh-what are your plans?" He asks.

" Well, I'm not sure. Project PEGASUS has been discontinued and I haven't received any new assignments from Fury yet," She responds.

" Well... I was wondering if you could show me around the city. I-I mean because it's changed so much. I know New York but I don't know... New... York."

Steve's stumbling words make Lauren giggle.  This is the first time where the two haven't had any pressure on them in a while. And this is the first time that Lauren looks at Steve in a less than professional light.

" Yes, Steve... I would love to show you around New York." 

Steve smiles at her words, feeling his heart beat faster after hearing her smile.

" Great! Uh, great. When are you free?" 

" I don't have anything to do now."

" That works for me."

Steve smiles and holds out his arm for Lauren to take. She takes it and he leads her to his motorcycle. He hands her a helmet. All she does is tilt her head as raise her eyebrows.  He puts the helmet back on the bike and hops on. She sits behind him as he turns on the bike.

" Hold on tight," Steve says.

" Don't have to tell me twice," Lauren says.

She wraps her arms around his waist and then he revs the bike and drives off to the streets of New York.