2

Everybody had their mission.

Natasha went to India to get the doctor with anger issues, Coulson went to New York to get the genius with heart problems, and Fury himself went to get the old man.

All the agents on the helicarrier away direction.

"Agent Stone, escort Captain Rogers to the bridge," Fury says.

" Yes, sir," Lauren says.

She walks out to the tarmac and towards the quinjet. She sees the two men exit from the rear.

" Agent Stone, Captain Rogers," Coulson says.

" It's a pleasure, Captain," Lauren says as she holds her hand out for him to shake.

" The pleasure's all mine, ma'am," Steve says as he shakes her hand.

The moment their hands touch, they feel a spark. Lauren's eyes turn a neon pink shade as she has a vision of Steve as an old man, happy, and dancing with a brunette.

" Uh... ma'am?"

" She does that a lot. You'll get used to it," Coulson says.

"Coulson, they need you on the bridge. They're starting the face-trace," Natasha says as she walks up behind them.

"See you there," Coulson says, then walks off with the red-head.

" So, uh... your eyes. I-I don't mean to pry," Steve says.

" It's alright. It's a part of my power, " Lauren says.

" Power?"

" Think of you favorite ice cream flavor. But don't tell me."

" Okay."

" Pecan praline?"

Steve's eyes widen in amazement, a goofy grin forming on his lips.

" Y-You can read minds?" He asks.

" Yes. But I read that in your file."

A smile stays on both of their lips as they continue to walk the tarmac. Lauren's healed boots make her head come up to Steve's chin. They see the doctor, wondering and lost, and walk closer to him.

"Dr. Banner," Steve says.

"Yeah, hi. They told me you would be coming," Bruce says.

"Word is, you can find the Cube."

"Is that the only word on me?"

"Only word I care about."

"It must me strange for you, all of this."

"Well, this is actually kind of familiar."

"Gentlemen, you might want to step inside a minute," Lauren says as she steps closer to them, " It's gonna get a little hard to breath."

"Is this a submarine?" Steve asks as the flight crew secures the deck and the ship moves.

"Really? The want me in a submerged pressurized, metal container?"Banner asks as they walk to the edge, watching as the water moves of the turbines, taking them slowly into the air, "No, no, this is much worse."

Lauren leads them inside and into the bridge. Fury stands in the middle of the room with dozens of agents sitting behind computers. Hill stands and the helm.

"All engines operating. S.H.I.E.L.D Emergency Protocol 193.6 in effect," Hill says.

"We're at level sir."

"Good. Let's vanish," Fury says.

One of the agents presses a button, and the reflective panels engage. They're now officially invisible.

"Gentlemen," Fury says.

Steve then walks over to Fury, takes out a $10 bill and hands it to Fury.

" Thank you for coming," Fury says as he shakes hands with the doctor.

"Thanks for asking nicely. So, uh, how long am I staying?" Bruce asks.

"Once we get our hands on the Tesseract, you're in the wind," Fury says.

"Where are you with that?" Bruce asks.

"We're sweeping every wirelessly accessible camera on the planet. Cell phones, laptops. If it's connected to a satellite, it's eyes and ears for us," Coulson explains.

"That's still not going to find them in time," Natasha says.

"You have to narrow your field. How many spectrometers do you have access to?" Banner asks while removing his jacket revealing his purple button up shirt.

"How many are there?" Fury asks.

"Call every lab you know. Tell them to put the spectrometers on the roof and calibrate them for gamma rays. I'll rough out a tracking algorithm, basic cluster recognition. At least we could rule out a few places. Do you have somewhere for me to work?" Bruce asks.

"Agent Romanoff, Agent Stone, could you show Dr.Banner to his laboratory please?" Fury asks.

"You're gonna love it, Doc," Natasha says as she walks over to Bruce.

" We've got all the toys," Lauren says as she walks to the other side of him.