un.

I'll never forget the day I found out my parents had died.

It was a Tuesday around 11am during my potions class. That morning was like any other; I had grabbed my breakfast, my hair and clothes were tidy and in their place, and there wasn't a wrinkle in sight. Halfway through my studies, a knock on the door paused the demonstration. That's when I knew something was wrong. The look of horror that had crossed my professor's eyes caused my heart to drop, and when she had locked eyes with me it was like my feet were suddenly made of cement. I could see her lips moving, but no sound was coming out of them. All I could hear was my rhythmic heart beat.

Ba bump. Ba bump. Ba bump.

They were gone. Of course I didn't know it yet, but once I was ushered out of my class, the Headmistress with my things, the news had finally registered.

I was an orphan. Death Eaters had killed my parents.

Thinking about it still sends a shiver down my spine and tears well up behind my eyes. I can't remember ever crying as much as I did that day. I hid out in the Headmistress's office for the rest of the evening, crying and thinking about what my life was to become now that my love and support from my family was gone. I remember wallowing and crying, and these five words is what pulled me out of my hysteric atmosphere.

"You're being transferred to Hogwarts." Headmistress Olympe Maxime locked eyes with me and behind her I noticed Minerva standing wearily with two others whom I hadn't recognized. I now know them to be Headmaster Albus Dumbledore and the Minister of Magic. Glancing back at Headmistress Maxime, I shook my head slowly.

"I-I can't, I have to stay here. My life is at Beauxbatons, I can't leave especially at a time like this," I said. I could tell Headmistress agreed with me, and she looked behind her almost like she was looking for support.

"Unfortunately this isn't your decision to make," said the Minister of Magic. "We believe your parents died in a terrorist attack." My confusion must have shown on my face, because after a brief pause he further explained. "We believe they were killed by Death Eaters. And we have strong reason to believe they're after you too." Words couldn't describe what I was feeling in those moments. My memory fogged, words jumbled together, and the people standing before me now looked like painted blobs of color as tears once again came to my eyes.

Minerva came close and hugged me, although I was unable to hug her back.

"You'll be safe at Hogwarts, we can protect you." She promised me.

And now, two weeks later I finally arrived to Scotland to attend the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Scotland was so much colder than what I'm used to. I had on my best coat and thick stockings to prepare myself for the autumn breeze. The semester had just started and yet the trees were already beginning to turn a lovely shade of brown.

Minerva walked with me to the Headmaster's officer where I would be attending a private sorting.

"How will I be sorted? Is there a test?" I asked Minerva curiously.

She smiled and shook her head. "At Hogwarts we have a Sorting Hat that can read your true characteristics. It's never wrong, and there is never a wrong house."

As Beauxbatons, I was apart of the Papillonlisse. My artistic nature, kindness, and rationality makes me a perfect fit. I've never done research on Hogwarts Houses, but I know there are four houses instead of three, like at Beauxbatons.

As we walk, Minerva gave me a brief explanation on the houses. Gryffindor: bravery, amity, and chivalry. Ravenclaw: intelligence, knowledge, and wit. Hufflepuff: hardworking, loyal, and fair. Slytherin: ambitious, cunning, and resourcefulness.