cinq.

The next few days dragged on boringly. After getting lost in the castle more than a few times, I eventually developed a routine: wake up and get ready, meet Blaise, and sometimes Draco, early for breakfast, do some reading or homework, attend class, have lunch with Rita outside when the sun was shining or inside with the others, attend more class, have dinner in the dining hall, do more homework, get ready for bed. It was a set routine that I enjoyed but now I was faced with a new problem; how to find time to brew potions with Draco.

We hadn't talked much since our outing at The Three Broomsticks. He had made small talk here and there but for the most part just ignored me. That was honestly fine as I was too busy figuring out which potion would be best to show him. I wanted something challenging but not something too rare that it could give him an upper hand if he were to know it. I thought about what might protect me in the long run and then it came to me. The potion I should share was the one that I use most often: Draught of Peace. Ever since my parents died, taking on the chore of calming my mind and not bursting into tears every so often has been especially challenging. Sharing a room with Pansy and her friends meant that I was given little to no privacy, so brewing this potion helped me keep my composure even at the worst times. It's ironic that this potion is so difficult to brew considering how calm it's made me.

After looking through the many potions I had written down in my personal notebook, I ended up choosing Draught of Peace simply because Draco seemed to always be busy thinking about something else. His brows were always furrowed and his forehead was wrinkled deep with frustration. Or was it thought? Maybe anger? Regardless, he was far too serious for a third year.

I grabbed my things and made sure to tuck my wand away safely before leaving the Slytherin common room. The colder and darker atmosphere was growing on me although I think my skin grew paler with every day I spent cooped up down here. The lack of natural light made my already porcelain skin lighter. It felt like there was a spell to keep all people in the Slytherin common room pale and pasty. Even Pansy and Rita's light skin seemed translucent on some days.

It was midday and I used my lunch to gather my things. I planned on meeting Draco on his way to his next class to talk about the potions and hopefully convince him to teach me how to make Wolfsbane. Honestly I was a little nervous to see what he would think. But I can't help but wonder why am I nervous? He's nothing but a mean, cruel, boy who has nothing better to do than to annoy me and my friends. In fact, now that I'm thinking about it, why did he even offer to teach me in the first place? Was he finally warming up to me? Will his attitude finally change?

"DuPont, if you don't move I'm going to think you're under the Immobulus charm," Draco looked at me unamused and I could feel myself blinking rapidly to break the trance I was apparently under.

"Unluckily for you I know the counter spell to that one too." I replied, clutching my books tight to my chest and braving a small smile.

"Wanna test it out?" He mumbled.

I chuckled softly and followed behind him as he began walking to his next class. "Yeah you wish, I'm not that much of an idiot, Malfoy."

He shot a glance my way and my smile faltered slightly but I quickly regained my composure. Like usual, his face was scrunched up in disgust and he seemed mildly annoyed. I tried not to take it personally as he seemed this way more often than not.

"I was thinking," I said. "About the offer you made."

"And? Finally have something worthy of Wolfsbane?" He said a little louder.

I nodded. "I do! In fact, I have something even better." I quickly slid in front of him and stopped walking, blocking his path and making him come to a halt. "I have a potion that will make you the most calm and relaxed you've ever been! I take it all the time it's totally safe just as long as you-"