S i e t e

The darkness cast a gloom over my entire room and this present setting was synonymous to my inherent emotions

I hated it here.

I thought Lorenzo was a friend but after his heated outburst yesterday, I knew he was just as prejudiced as the rest of them. How could I expect anything from him when my own family abandoned me.

I loved my mother but she kissed me goodbye, like how they kiss the dead. My sister tried to stop her but she wasn't trying hard enough and Flavio just, betrayed me. It physically pains me but I had to admit the truth to myself.

I could never make anyone love me

and

everything is changing and I don't know where I belong.

I wiped my nose and pulled out a piece of paper that I found on Brielle's table. After dipping a stray feather in the inkpot next to me I began writing

I was the only one
who saw the tears
behind your smiles

I was the only one
who knew the fears
inside your eyes

I was the only one
who wanted the us
between your I's

and I was the only one
who didn't know
that your love
was all lies

I folded the paper neatly and placed it inside my drawer. The scenario can change but I never will. I will not become cruel just because the people around me refuse to believe that I'm a nice person.

Flowers grow back even after they are stepped on.
So will I.

After this, I promised myself that I will never cry for the same reasons again. I will make new friends and I will make the people here open up to me, no matter what it takes.

Just as I got up to leave, the telephone next to my bed started to ring with a maddening sound. I was a little sceptical about this abrupt intervention but I decided to humour the caller and pick it up.

"Hello, may I know who I'm speaking to?"

"Hellooo little slut...."

My heart rate intensified and I started trembling with trepidation.

"Who is this? and what do you want?" I gulped.

"Well it's the mistress of this manor, leaveee myy husband aloneee do you understand?"

Her voice came out like a drunken slur, I crinkled my nose and stared at the telephone for a few solid seconds before picking it up again.

"Are you Lorenzo's mamá?"

"oh, Lorenzo! he's my baby, my beautiful little boy; how do you know him?"

I paused for a moment before replying "We're acquaintances."