Chapter 3: Grow Up, Wendy!

That night, George and Mary were getting ready for the business party, and the children,
now in their pajamas were playing another one of their games, in this one, which was quite different from their usual games, Wendy and John were pretending to be their parents, while Nana was still trying to get Michael into his pajamas.

"But Nana, I don't want to go to bed! I won't! I won't!" he exclaimed in a pout as John and Wendy were playing. "A little less noise there...", Wendy giggled "Oh John, you sound just like father"!

They giggled with one another as they started to play "I am happy to inform you, Mrs. Darling, that you are now a mother." he said as he passed Wendy/Mary, a black baby doll as she cradled it "Oh happy day, I shall call her Wendy".

"I am even more happier to inform you, Mrs Darling, that you are now the mother of a baby boy, as well.", John passed Wendy/Mary another baby doll, this time, it was a black nutcracker, "Oh joy! I shall name him, John".

Meanwhile, after, Michael was finished getting into his pajamas, he decided to join in with Wendy and John, "May I also be born?", he asked with his innocent puppy eyes.

"No!", John said in serious voice, "We don't want any more!", Wendy's eyes widen "John, don't say that!", Michael's eyes started wailing with tears "Nobody, wants me!" he cried. Luckily, the real Mrs. Darling came in just in time to cue the boy "I do, I so want a third child.", she said as she picked up and cradled the weeping 5 year old. Michael sniffled "Boy or Girl?",  Mrs. Darling thought for a quick moment and then she proudly exclaimed "A boy!", Michael's face beamed up with joy "Oh Mother!" he cheered as he cuddled with her.

Wendy was proud to see Michael so happy again, soon she turned her eyes over to her mother's dress, a beautiful dress for that matter, made of a glamorous purple satin designed with a lovely black lace covering the shoulders, and to top it all off, a lavishing golden locket given to her 38th birthday, which contains a photo of the own true loves of her live, her children.

"Mother...you...look absolutely ravishingly lovely."Wendy complimented in awe, Mary smiled as she put down Michael, "Oh thank you, dear.", soon George walked into the room and joined in the conversation "Indeed, she does.", he said as he exchanged a loving glance at his beautiful wife, before turning his attention back to Wendy with a proud smile "And soon, Wendy, dear, you'll be going to parties".

"He's right, love, oh I just can't wait to start my lessons with you, soon you'll be a proper lady."
M'Dear as she joined in with excitement dancing around her face. Wendy's eyebrow went up "Father?! what does she mean by lessons?", she questioned with worry in her eyes. George walked over to Wendy and put a hand on her shoulder "Wendy, this is your last night in nursery, starting tomorrow you'll be sleeping in the guest room.", Everyone's eyes widen, Wendy was in complete total "What?", she whispered In disbelief, trying to comprehend what her father just said.

M'Dear cut in "Wendy, your father and I decided that this is best for you to have your own room, and to start your womanhood, and soon you'll be moving in with me at Wales.", Wendy's eyes widen even wider, "What! But Father, I don't want to leave the nursery or London!" she exclaimed as she backed away one step, "George, M'Dear! We haven't even properly discussed this-!", she fussed, but George cut her off "I'm sorry, Mary, but it's done! Wendy, I mean it, this is your last night in the nursery, you need to spend less time with your brothers, and stop filling their head with such poppycock"!

Everyone's eyes were now even wider than ever, "But, father, my stories are absolutely not poppycock-!!!" Wendy proclaimed in protest, "That's enough, what I said is final, now, pack your stuff, you're moving out of the nursery in the morning-!", George demanded, but was interrupted, when he accidentally tripped over Nana, who was bringing in Michael's medicine, and accidentally dripped over his shoes.