Chapter 1

A knight bowed down to me as I entered the palace. I rushed here when I heard about the news.

I opened the door of the king's room and immediately felt the ominous aura the king is emitting.

"Where is she?" The king's voice echoed in the room. Everyone in the room had their head bowed down from the demon in front of them.

So, they can't find her. How did she escaped here? Did someone helped her?

"Remoire." I knelt in front of the king and lowered my head.

"Find her." I nodded then looked at the prince sitting beside the king before walking out of the room.

Where could she possibly went?

***

Whoa! There's lots of vegetables around here. And fruits! There's also big establishments here with different products. But I can't possibly buy anything without money.

Fortunately, I brought some food before going on an adventure. It's almost an hour of walking around here in the... marketplace? Is that what you call it?

Well, I can't still find a place where I can stay. It's really hard without money.

"Bye!" "Bye-bye!" Bye-bye? Does that mean goodbye? The kids who were playing earlier have started to bid farewell as the moon peeks from the clouds.

I'm in a park that I saw near the market earlier. Will I get into trouble if I sleep here? I started warming up in case I need to run.

The people started to leave one by one until I'm the only one left. I sighed. I hope I won't regret the decision I made. I stared at the stars and begin to feel the drowsiness I've been holding back.

As I closed my eyes, I heard some rustling nearby. I didn't move but continued observing the sound.

"Mmmff!" I heard a muffled scream at the same direction. Now, this is not good.

I opened my eyes and silently walked towards the noise. I used the large tree to peek.

I saw a guy with cloak, his back turned on me. In front of him is a man and a woman with their hands and feet tied and their mouth covered with a cloth to stopped them from screaming. That sound from earlier must have come from them.

Should I help them? I looked for another person nearby to ask for help, but there's none. I sighed.

I took another peek to see them clearly but immediately pull back. There was another person with them. But it's not tied or anything.

The thing that got my attention is the blood dripping from his wounds. There's also a cut in his throat and there's a knife stabbed in his stomach. This is bad. I need to help them.

The shady guy pulled out the knife from the dead guy causing more blood to come out from the poor guy's body. He pointed it at the woman who's now sobbing. This is my chance. I pulled out my dagger and ran towards the guy.

I'm planning to stab him in his back but the guy managed to dodge in the last moment causing a wound in his right shoulder.

He dodge my sneak attack? He held his bleeding shoulder with his left hand.

"Oh, quite unusual" I heard him mumbled. He's quite far from me. "Who are you?" I asked him. I can't see his face because of the cloak.

"Be careful, kid." I stepped back when in an instant, he's already near me. I blinked a few times when I can't see him anymore. He vanished.

Who is he? He's stronger than me. I hurt him and he just let me live? And his last words before he vanished... Be careful? Why? Because he'll attack me again. But why did he said it? To threaten me?

My train of thoughts was interrupted when I heard muffled sobs. Oh, right. I forgot about them.

I cut the rope that's binding their hands and feet. They hugged each other after that.

"Thank you!" The woman cried. She hugged me too. Well, I can't refuse now, right? "Salamat." The man added.

"Who is he? Why did he attacked you?" I asked. I'm really curious about the man earlier.

"Hindi namin alam. Galing kami sa farm na inaalagaan namin. Habang naglalakad kami, nakita namin yung lalaki sa gilid ng kalsada. Hindi namin siya pinansin. Ngunit nang malapit na kami, bigla niyang sinugod si Klive." The man sighed.

"Si Klive ay isa ring hunter kaya lumaban siya." The man was staring at the corpse of his late friend while he's talking.

"Malakas si Klive pero mas malakas yung lalaki. Sinaksak niya siya ng ilang beses. Pagkatapos ay itinali niya kami at tinakpan ang bibig. Pinatay niya si Klive. Sa harap namin... Hiniwa niya yung leeg niya. Pinatay niya si Klive... at wala man lang kaming nagawa para tulungan siya. Pinatay niya si Klive..." The man tried to hide his tears from me. They must be really close.

They called guards from the kingdom to investigate this matter. They also called the... ahh... What is it again? Ah! The hunters association, considering that Klive is a hunter too. They interviewed us individually. Asked questions and such. After that, I decided to lean on a tree not far from the scene.

"Excuse me." A man wearing a black suit approached me. "I'm Desir Valthir from the Hunter's Association." I didn't respond so he continued.

"According to the statements, the man wearing a cloak escaped after you attacked him." I nodded in response. Do this guy bring peace or trouble?

"The statements said that Hunter Klive Mosner fought the same guy but failed to even leave a scratch." I know where this is going.

"So how did you managed to attacked him?" I knew it.

"I'm sorry but I already told the Hunter's Association about what happened. Since you're Mr. Desir Valthir from the Hunter's Association, you probably know about it."

I was shocked when he just smiled at me, contrary to what I've expected. "It's nice to meet you..." He stretched his hand for a handshake. "D-" I shake my head. "Leighton. Lexi Leighton." I said as I shake his hand.