Chapter 3

"Does it look good?" I am currently looking at my reflection observing the uniform of the so called Hunter's Academy when Freyccel asked me AGAIN.

Without bothering to look at her, "Yeah." I said.

Freyccel frowned. "You didn't even looked at me and please, answer me honestly." I clicked my tongue then glance at her.

She is wearing the exact same thing as mine. With a gray skirt an inch or two, who cares?, above the knee and a white long sleeve blouse under a gray vest and blazer. And to top it off is a gold pin on the blazer and a red ribbon.

"Put the ribbon away." I said pertaining to another ribbon resting on her light brown long hair.

She then looked at me. "I knew it!" She exclaimed before storming out of my room. I glanced at the mirror and gazed at myself for the last time.

I watched as my silver hair flowed freely. My eyes stopped when I met my own eyes. No wonder, no one dared to make eye contact with me in that place. Who would even try when you saw someone with sharp grayish blue eyes? My status is just another factor.

"Lexi!" I was brought back to reality when I heard the annoying shout of Freyccel. Looks like it's time to go.

***

"I hope Mr. Torch is absent today. I hope he won't come." I turned towards Freyccel when I heard her muttering something again.

She started becoming more weird after we rode in the car. And there she is, sitting in front of me with her eyes closed and finger crossed. I stifled a smirk, she looks stupid.

"Eh hindi naman kasi ako marunong sa mga close combat. Sarap ilibing sa lupa eh." She murmured to herself again.

I was about to gaze outside when I remembered something.

"You're a hunter, right?" Freyccel raised her head to look at me. From frowning, her lips slowly curved upwards. "Of course, alam mo ba kung ano-" I didn't let her start bragging about her achievements.

"How did you became a hunter?" I saw how her eye twitch when I cut her off but she still answered.

"Thousands of years ago, the barriers dividing different dimensions, vanished without a trace."

I know about these, I also read books.
According to the legend published by a human, the dimensions of different species, human, elf, demon, monsters like wolves and such was unknown to each other. They are living with their own kind until one day, a crack appeared on the atmosphere and what came after are magical beings that brought fear to the vulnerable humans. What once was a peaceful world later was engulfed in chaos. The monsters, demons, elves, dwarves and others seek to invade the human's territory to have the advantage against the other races. It is said that the creator of all beings give humans a gift, power. But the gifts were only given to the chosen ones to maintain the balance of the world. These chosen ones then became the guardians of the humanities. And later on, these guardians are now known as hunters.

"And then,-" "I didn't asked for a history lesson." I cut Freyccel.

She rolled her eyes. "Tsk. 'Wag na nga." Fine. Then don't. Does she think I will beg? Hell no.

"Hindi naman mahirap maging hunter. Attend the school and you'll be given your Hunter's Card. The ranking system is the problem." I rolled my eyes. If she's going to answer the question, she should have done that earlier. Stupid.

---

It didn't took long until we reached the school. I immediately went out and what greet me is a massive gate and wide long walls that I can't even see where it ends. The gate is wide open as students with the same uniform as I am wearing continues walking inside the academy.