Chapter Five

The next morning, all of them were sat around the dance studio although Vincenzo was sat on a chair in the background. None of them were particularly happy about the news that they were going to demolish the building.

"What? They're coming tonight?" Mrs Lee asked.

"That's right. At eleven," Mr Nam said.

"And you didn't tell us sooner? This is unbelievable," Mr Tak said, and Ha-yun nodded in agreement.

"When they get here, I could beat their dumb faces right into the ground. But being a martial artist and all, I'm afraid I might kill them by mistake."

"Beat them. Wow! We should evacuate, do you wanna die?" Mrs Lee scoffed.

"Ah, Babel's just a bunch of cruel assholes," Mr Tak reminded, "I hope they choke on their money."

"But like, what can we do?"

"Mr Hong is currently hard at work doing-"

"Hard at work? Doing what? I haven't seen him all day."

"He's gathering evidence to further help the case," Ha-yun cut in, although she conveniently decided to miss out all the details since she had none. The truth was, she knew there was a high chance she was lying but at the same time she didn't particularly care either. It was for the greater good.

"This place is where we live an work," Mrs Kwak reminded, and Ha-yun understood that. She too had an apartment here and she really, really didn't want to have to move back in with her father. "If we leave, we'll have nothing left."

"Oh, oh dear. I bought all new utensils last month."

"And I got a loan two months ago for a new piano," Mi-ri admitted, Ha-yun realised she couldn't actually add onto the sad party since she'd done nothing. Out of all of them, she was in the most privileged position because she had no debts as of yet and if she really did get evicted she had two houses she could go to.

"Mama mia..."

"Mr Cassano," Mrs Kwak cut in and everyone turned back to look at the man, "aren't you going to say something?"

He only lifted his phone up closer to his eyes, and Ha-yun began the journey to walk behind him to see what he was doing, "just look at him. What's he doing now?"

"Who cares? We better start packing," Mrs Lee cut in smacking her partner's arm gently as she did.

"I'll start a... a loud protest outside and distract them," Mr Nam called out, and Ha-yun knew that wasn't going to work although she had now gotten behind Vincenzo and her face dropped at the sight she was seeing. He was liking posts on instragram.

"What in the world are you doing?" Mr Nam asked, walking to join Ha-yun, "sir, this isn't the time to be liking photos on social media," seeing a picture of a rather attractive man, Ha-yun reached down and pressed like for him and Vincenzo looked confused for a second before he glanced up at her amused.

"What? Social media?"

"What is he liking?"

"Can you stop messing around and come up with a plan?"

A woman came up on the screen this time, and Ha-yun tilted her head as she saw her. The woman was beautiful, and even though it was just a picture she radiated elegance and grace. She'd even call it sexy. She was gorgeous...it almost made her feel bad about herself.

This time it was Mr Nan who reached down to like the post.

"Let's just leave him. We don't need him, let's just get out," one of them shouted and they all began to move to the door except for the three in the legal team.