Complete - Part One

Ow! George limped and gripped his toes through his shoes. Son of a banshee!

Lee looked up from his steak and kidney pie. Stub your toe? He asked as George sat down next to him.

She did, he grumbled, still rubbing his shoe. Most days, this whole feeling-your-soulmates-pain thing was – pardon the pun – a pain in the arse.

Yeah, Fred started, I tripped on the stairs yesterday and Angie had a right go at me for running.

Lee and George nodded. We know, we were there. Said Lee.

George was happy for his twin – really he was – Angelina was great, they were good for each other. But sometimes it kind of sucked. Growing up, George and Fred had always seen themselves as two halves of a whole, they completed each other. Only to learn that, in fact, they were two halves of a different whole. They completed each other platonically, familially, personally; but there was something missing. Fred found his missing piece, and George still felt incomplete.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Transfiguration, as interesting as it was, often seemed to last forever. Especially when you had Quidditch practice to prepare for. McGonagall was brilliant – truly – but Merlin was todays class boring. (Y/N) was a chaser for Hufflepuff, and a damn good one at that; but she could only get so far on natural talent, she got as far as she did with hard work and dedication (granted, it helped that her brother was the captain). And now she was itching to leave class and spend some time on the field.

Whatre you looking so rushed for? Came a voice from a table nearby, a voice she knew too well.

Bugger off, Weasley. Whichever one it was.

The ginger shrugged, his twin smirking with him. Nervous for the game tomorrow? Dont be – Gryffindors gonna win anyway. Said the second twin.

She paid them no mind, checking the time on her watch. You think so? Morons. They didnt stand a chance.

Well yeah, dont let last years win fool you, we all know that wasnt a fair game. You all just got lucky--

(Y/N) whipped around to face the twins diagonal to her, pointing her finger at them with a glare. Hey! You know for a fact that that wasnt our fault – Cedric asked for a rematch but they wouldnt give it to us. Wed rather lose a fair game than win dishonourably. She spat, momentarily shocking the two into silence, just as the bell went. Now if youll excuse me, I have practise to get to.

She gathered her things and left, eager to get to the Quidditch field; the sooner they kicked Gryffindors ego tomorrow, the better. It should be easy, it was so big after all.

It was a good day for practise, Cedric seemed to have a special talent for picking out the perfect days to take everyone out onto the pitch; it was a warm day, a few clouds dotted here and there, and there were only a handful of students sitting in the stands (all Hufflepuffs of course). Heading to the changing rooms to put on her gear, (Y/N) felt a sharp thump to her arm and shoulder – not a particularly painful one, but certainly enough to remind her how often this soulmate of hers seemed to bump into walls. Do they not know to avoid the corners as they turn down a hall?

Tying her hair away from her face, she left just as the rest of her team showed up. Youre early, Diggory. Commented Maxine, a brilliant Beater.

(Y/N) smirked as she untucked her broom from under her arm, then secured her gloves. Ah you know me, just eager to win. So hurry up, lets get going! Our next games soon and we need to practice! She encouraged, making her way outside.

Such a Diggory, muttered Summerby.

I heard that!

You were meant to!