Complete - Part Four - Finale

Three days. It had been three days since the incident, and it was clear to George that (Y/N) was avoiding him – and the unavoidable conversation theyd have to have. At first he understood that she might just need some space, but now it was really getting to him. He told himself he was just annoyed, but deep down he knew that he was worried. Was she hoping it was someone else? Was she disappointed?

But hed let her hide from him for too long; his questions were eating him alive.

Which led to where he was now, Marauders Map in hand and eyes fixed on the name of the only person on his mind for the last few days. She was in the library, probably doing homework or something, and hiding out in the only part of the school which the twins hardly ever visited. To say Madam Pince was surprised at his appearance would be an understatement. Quickly, George made his way deep into the library, racking his brain for what he was going to say. So far, he had no idea.

He slowed down as he got closer to where she was sat; a little desk between the shelves piled high with books of many kinds (clearly shed been drowning herself in her studies). Tucking the map into his pocket, he watched her stand from behind the stacks of textbooks with a couple in hand, making her way to the shelves with them. George had always known she was beautiful, but hed never before taken the time to really look at her, to take her all in. But now that he allowed himself that pleasure, he realised just how stunning she was, how completely perfect – he felt like the luckiest man alive that was if shed have him.

As she disappeared between the maze of bookcases, George knew this was as good a time as any to follow. He watched from behind the books, nerves bubbling up again as she wandered, picking and placing books about. He had no idea what to do, no plan of action.

While she was distracted by the contents of a new book, George revealed himself from his hiding spot behind her. Say something, he urged in his head, just a little hello or something.

But he froze.

And she caught him.

All of a sudden, shed turned around and found him standing right behind her. Obviously startled, (Y/N) let out a gasp at his appearance – the last person she wanted to see right now. George! She exclaimed, almost dropping her book at her feet. W-whatre you--

Youre avoiding me. He stated, tucking his hands in his trouser pockets and flicking his eyes to the floor. So much for just a little hello.

(Y/N) was taken aback by his bluntness – clearly there would be no beating around the bush – but she supposed she couldnt run from this forever. There was no point making excuses, she knew that already; this conversation was happening now whether she liked it or not. She swallowed thickly and looked away, fiddling with the corner of the book in her arms. Im sorry. What else could she say?

Why? He asked, sounding almost timid?

I dont know. That was a lie, she knew she shouldnt lie to him, not now. He deserved an explanation. I just I think I was just nervous, maybe.

But George couldnt get out of his own head. Were you are you disappointed? He mumbled, never once taking his eyes off the floor, dreading the answer.

Disappointed? (Y/N) repeated, finally taking in his stance; he was almost hunched over, shoulders slouched, head down, hands in his pockets, as if he wanted to tuck himself away from the world, like he wished he was as small as he felt. It hurt her to think she was the cause of it. No. She answered, soft but firm; she needed him to know it. No, I wasnt disappointed – never. How could I be?

George brought his eyes up to hers for the first time since their conversation started, chestnut brown and beautiful. How had she never noticed? Well he wasnt used to being this unsure of himself, because Im...yknow Im me-- I-Im loud and rowdy and I always cause trouble and I act up a-and Im immature and well I dont exactly have a lot to offer, and you well, youre you. Youre so clever and tactful and fierce and absolutely gorgeous even though I never took the time to tell you before and you deserve so much more than I can give you and I just- I-I--

He hadnt even known how much he was rambling until he felt her fingers on his lips, shutting him up before he went on forever. Her touch brought goosebumps to his arms, and heat to his cheeks. Is that what you think? She whispered, her voice laced with sympathy and hurt as she looked up at him with those angelic features. Because I dont think that. She admitted, watching the way his expressions changed. Youre youre fun, probably one of the most magnetic and entertaining people I know. And youre passionate and ambitious, and never afraid to express yourself. And youre so sweet and charming, George. She pulled her hands away, realising how close they were, but refusing to take a step back. And its a shame that we dont really know each other all that well. There was a silence as they took in each others words, both just as tempted as the other for more contact, to feel their soulmates touch. But Id like to She said softly, looking up at him through long lashes. The weird thing is Im not so afraid of all this any more.

George felt as if his heart was about to burst, it pounded to hard beneath his chest he was so sure she could feel it, but he didnt care. A grin slowly spread itself across his reddened face as he gently took a hold of her hand and interlaced their fingers. I cant wait to know you better, he purred, cupping her face in his other hand and brushing his nose with hers, giving her the clear choice to pull away. Instead, as hed so hoped, she came closer and brought their lips together. It was wonderful. It was so perfect. George wrapped an arm around her waist, trying to feel as close to her as possible; it was as if their were two magnets pulling each other in, and a fire ignited where they touched. Finally, they were complete.