Complete - Part Two

It was the fourth Saturday in February, and fourth match of the Quidditch season: Gryffindor versus Hufflepuff. The weather was chilly and almost everyone was wearing an extra jumper under their Quidditch uniforms, and envying the students sat on the stands in coats and woolly scarves. Winds were picking up, and the sky was grey with thick clouds threatening rain, but Quidditch stopped for nothing. And everyone was waiting for one hell of a match.

Both teams had been called to the pitch, brimming with anxiety and excitement and energy. The Captains, Angelina Johnson and Cedric Diggory, were called up to shake hands. I want a good, fair game, alright? Said Madam Hooch, as usual. At least she could count on these two teams to actually do so.

Good luck, Smiled Cedric as they parted, charming as ever.

Angelina nodded. You too, Diggory.

Everyone took their places, saddled their brooms, and lifted off. The ball was tossed, and the game began.

(Y/N) flew to her place, tailing Johnson from a distance who had the Quaffle, sweeping between players easily. She watched every player carefully, trying to figure out their next move before they even made it. Johnson moved her arm slightly, preparing for a swing as she made eye contact with Spinnet on her left. She watched from her place as they got closer to the Hufflepuff hoops, and the second the Quaffle left her grasp, (Y/N) darted between the chasers and caught it, turning back the other way. The plan was to throw it between the chasers in a very particular pattern, theyd practiced it a hundred times already; she faked her aim at Cadwallader on her right, then dropped it down to Zacharias who was flying bellow. The three of them were impressively in-sync, hardly having to look at each other to know their position.

Hufflepuff were in the lead 110 to 30, it had started raining, and the players were starting to lose their patience. Both Seekers had been scouring the pitch almost frantically, looking for any sign of the Snitch, but apparently it wasnt ready to show itself yet. Fred hit a Bludger towards Smith, missing him by an inch, and almost screamed out in frustration. After their loss to Hufflepuff last year, the team swore to put in as much effort as possible, but it seemed as if they were trying so hard that they spoiled themselves. This is shit! He yelled at George and Ron in passing, knocking another Bludger away from his little brother back towards Anthony Rickett. Weve got to knock one of the Chasers off! Theyre too good this year!

Well, which one? George asked, gripping his bat tightly and eyeing the Bludgers warily. All of the Chasers were doing great, they were all over the pitch at one moment, and flying in a protective group the next, most of the time they couldnt even tell who had the ball.

Any! They heard from Katie Bell overhead. Theyre all coordinated, hit any and theyll be thrown off!

That would work, of course, but the challenge was actually hitting one. It was like trying to swat flies, with a tennis ball instead of a swatter, and the flies were much further away.

Two hours in and the scores were 130 to 60, which wasnt much better. Everyone was getting tired and the rain wasnt passing, now what was once a drizzle had turned into a downpour. Half of the time they could hardly see to the other side of the pitch, and despite Lee Jordans encouraging commentary, Gryffindor were feeling the heat. They werent exactly accustomed to losing. So far, the Seekers had lost sight of the Snitch four times, George was nearly knocked off his broom by a Bludger, and Ron had managed to block eight goals; but it was getting harder. The crowds still cheered over the sound of the rain, but everyone was soaking wet and shivering; a lot of the players were struggling to keep a good grip on their brooms.

The Beaters were working themselves harder as the game went on, the four of them now stuck in their own game, constantly aiming at each other and their teams; it was entertaining to watch, but a tiring game never the less. Their limbs ached, and theyd definitely feel it in the morning.

It all happened so fast. One second, Rickett hit a Bludger towards Harry, the next, George was speeding up to knock it back down. The Bludger was sent flying down, both with the force of the blow and gravity pulling it down, and a split second later he realised where it was heading. At first, he realised that he might actually hit one of Hufflepuffs Chasers, but the next he immediately regretted it. From this height, far above the stands, up where their Seeker was, that Bludger would really hurt. The Beaters wouldnt get it in time.

She didnt see it coming. One second she was passing the ball back to Cadwallader, the next her head was knocked down and an overwhelming pain spread through her skull. She lost her balance, and her vision; her broom was swept from under her watery grip, and then she fell. But that was to be expected when youre hit with forty kilograms of solid iron at fifty miles per hour.

However, what no one – absolutely no one – expected, as (Y/N) fell down (thankfully caught by her brother at last minute), was for George Weasley to plummet down too. It took a moment, but Fred managed to catch up; the results could have been fatal. But, as always, the game was forced to continue as two students were carried to the Hospital Wing.