Chapter 23 - Three Helpers

Yoshi and Mike had their guns pointing towads the man. The man had his hands in the air.

MIKE: Captain, didn't you say there was more than just this one person.

YOSHI: Yeah. Hey, you! Where are your aquaintances? Who's helping you?

The man didn't answer. Yoshi locked the trigger, he wasn't playing around. Suddenly, there was a voice in the distance. It was feminine. The same voice that Officer James heard.

VOICE: Oohh, is anyone there??

It caught both Yoshi's and Mike's attention.

VOICE: Uuuugnnh, someone, come save me! I think I'm being chaaased, he already stripped half my clothes!

MIKE: There's a lady in trouble!

YOSHI: That's definetly a trap. First of all, if the killer is right infront of our eyes. Why is the lady still here? She's obviously one of his helpers too.

The man still didn't answer. Yoshi walked closer to the man, who was frozen. Suddenly, a bunch of stones were thrown towards the two officers. They both dodged.

YOSHI: What the hell..? Everyone, hands up..!

Another set of stoness came from another direction. Yoshi and Mike both dodged them. Things weren't looking for the officers. And Officer James was nowhere to be found. Suddenly, the man spoke.

MAN: I'm sure you have a lot of questions. Like, where is your other officer. Heheh, what do you think I'm standing on?

YOSHI: You're standing on him, and he's feet below us. Buried alive. You're the Killer, arent you?!

MIKE: What!

MAN: Hahaha! Yes! I am the Killer of Sundeen Village. And I'm not just here by myself. I am accompanied by, not one, not two, but three others. They're lurking in the shadows as we speak. They could be behind you, behind me.

The killer chuckled menacingly.

MIKE: James is dead?!

Yoshi shot the killer on the leg. The killer yelled out and got on one knee.

YOSHI: Mike, run!

Mike ran back to the car. Stones were being thrown towards him.

KILLER: Y'know. These clothes, were pretty expensive. But its my fault for being so clumsy. Hehe.

Yoshi rammed his gun on the Killer's head. It was too dark to see his exact face.

YOSHI: Why did you force that guy to dig down to a coffin, whos body were you trying to steal?

Suddenly, from the corner of Yoshi's eye, he saw a silver metal shovel. The shovel swung down to Yoshi. But he dodged it. Yoshi shot whoever was holding the shovel. But they blocked with it.

Yoshi got right back up. He couldn't see well, but it looked like another one was tending to the Killer's wounds.

YOSHI: Okay what the hell am I doing!

Yoshi aimed his gun, and shot at the three people right infront of him. There were three shrieks of pain. Yoshi was panting like crazy.

YOSHI: Now, where's the last one?

Suddenly, the three who were shot started laughing. Yoshi tried to reload his gun but he didn't have any ammunition.

YOSHI: Dammit! I must've left the ammo in my car. What the hell? I'm so clumsy today.

Suddenly, the feminine voice came from behind Yoshi.

VOICE: Oooohhh.

Yoshi ran up to the lady and tackled her to the ground. She was silent after that. From the background, there were multiple police sirens. It was the reinforcements Yoshi called earlier. He sighed of relief, but was still panting.

YOSHI: I'll wait till the rest of my squad gets here, and they'll arrest all of you.