Chapter 63 - September 3 (Part 23)

12:03 AM - 5 hours and 57 minutes until the Sundeen Fest.

Holly, Logan, Joey, and Lyla were in a room on the second floor of the Library.

LOGAN: What's happening? Where did they go?

LYLA: It's so dark in here.

HOLLY: They went up to the roof!

Joey laughed, Holly looked at him.

HOLLY: What's so funny?

JOEY: It's just that, everytime Makoto does something. He's in an all-action type guy.

HOLLY: What do you mean?

JOEY: Makoto's always taking a step forward in life and challenges anything to cross his way. He's gotten through everything easily. When we found out there was a killer, Makoto wasnt scared at all. When his brother died, he got through it in just under a day!

HOLLY: What!

Joey smirked.

JOEY: Makoto said that this school year was going to be a movie! Heh, this oughta be a damn novel!

Makoto and Riley were on opposite sides of the roof. Both looked around, the atmosphere felt different in every direction.

RILEY: You feel that Makoto, this wasn't by me. This was by you, you did this. People are dying, because of you. If you had never made that announcement, the village would not be in chaos.

Makoto looked toward West, where the park, the high school, and the town center was.

RILEY: ...... I could never have done what you did. You stood up for all of Sundeen. Heh, today's the 400th Anniversary of Sundeen. If I hadn't have known any better. I'd say this was rigged.

MAKOTO: ....... no...

Riley laughed, and took a step closer to Makoto.

RILEY: Makoto, you're a really interesting individual. I'd be honored...

Makoto was in a trance.

RILEY: ...to kill you.

Riley slowly walked towards Makoto. Makoto took a step back. Riley stopped, then ran towards Makoto at full speed.

MAKOTO: RILEY!

RILEY: MAKOTO!

ANNE: RILEY!

Riley stopped running just when he got close enough to Makoto to push him off. Makoto ran to the other side. Standing at the front entrance, below the two was Anne Richardson. Riley's wife, Logan's mother.

RILEY: Anne!

ANNE: I knew it was you, Riley, ever since the killing of that teacher, I had known all along.

RILEY: A- ANNE!

MAKOTO: !!

Makoto slowly took steps back to the ladder back in the library.

RILEY: ANNE YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND!

Tears started forming from Riley's eyes. Same for Anne's too.

ANNE: Where is my son, Logan!

Riley took a step back, then turned around to Makoto.

RILEY: YOU!! THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT! EVERYTHING IS YOUR FAULT!!

MAKOTO: Shit!

Makoto dropped down the ladder down to the second floor.

RILEY: ......

Makoto found Joey and the others.

JOEY: I was gonna come up there... but... uh

HOLLY: Makoto!

They heard screams from outside, Makoto was the closest to the stairs, so he ran downstairs and ran outside.

What he sees next is unbelievable.

Makoto finds Riley's dead body on the ground.