Worn Out || 08

×××××××××

note: jungkook is 17 and jimin is 23. rest of the members are aged according to jimin. (ie. taehyung is 23, namjoon and hoseok are 24, yoongi 25 and seokjin 26.)

this is more like a jungkook centred oneshot.

lower case intended.

×××××××××

"hyungie" a mumble mixes with the air, followed by some thud sound as the the metal peice collided with the leg of the coffee table, making the boy flinch to gain his posture back.

hoseok is the only one to look up, a smile tugs his lips upwards in a soft way. he nods his head as a gesture for the younger to take a seat; however jungkook rummages alone, virtually scanning the whole living room and sighs, not being able to locate the one face his eyes longed for. he shakes his head slowly, almost negligible, and turns around carefully with the help of his grey crutches, limping his way back towards the stairs.

a sympathetic sigh lingers out of hoseok's lips, eyes staring at the younger boy who looked skinnier and paler each day. he watches him struggling up the stairs, not used to the crutches even after the whole month. his attention is drawn towards the door, from where several footsteps ground towards him - to the living room.

"aish! it took so long today" namjoon says with an exhausted figure, sitting on the couch along with yoongi.

"yeah, but at least the meeting was successful" jin adds, taking a sip of water from the bottle that sat on the table half filled.

"hm" jimin nods, glancing towards the stares, "where's jungkook?"

"just went to his room" hoseok answers, "you should talk to him jimin, the kid is really in a bad state."

"i know, i've tried speak to him too" jin says, "me and yoongi both actually, but he doesn't open up."

jimin sighs softly, having eyes staring blankly into empty space as his mind replays the clips of his brother shutting himself down, not talking to his hyungs, not eating, not coming out of his room, ever since something happened. no one knows what. all the times jimin attempted to talk to the boy, he always smiled and shook his head, scaring the edler brother even more.

"he was looking for you" hoseok says suddenly, pulling jimin out of his thoughts.

"i think it's because he hasn't really seen jimin in the last two-three days." yoongi says, and looks at jimin, "y'know, you should stay at home with him for a while. don't worry about work, we'll handle it."

jimin nods in agreement, if his brother gets better, then everything is fine. his phone rings, earning subconscious glances from the boys, who now have a smile lining their lips.

"oppa!" aera's happy voice brings life into the room for a moment, giving them a second to relax with a wave of hope washing over that everything will be okay soon.

"hey my baby," jimin smiles to himself, holding the phone in front of him on speaker, "what are you doing?"

"i'm missing you and the others" she says, making the boys chuckle silently for they can imagine the little pout on her face while she's talking.

"aw we miss you too, riri!" taehyung chimes and the girl giggles.

"are you having fun with aunt ayeong?"

"yes! we went to the farm today and there were a lot of chickens! then me and sehun even got milk from the cow!"

"ah that's great," jimin says and ends up chuckling when the sister hums in response. "did you have dinner?"