Puppet

A/N: I couldn't really find a picture that would fit with this, sorry.

When I pulled my hand out there was tiny figure...

- A rag doll?

- IT NOT A DOLL GOD DAMMIT!!! It's a puppet!!

Beside me Naruto turned around to look who it was while I just got up and hurried to the closet trying to hide already forming blush. Unfortunately closet was not far enough so I could still hear everyone laughing at Kankuro.

-Oh! It's the cat guy.

-A CAT!?!?!

- Yeah, I mean you have those ears and everything. And Akamaru doesn't like you and well it's obvious dogs don't like cats. So...

- Shut up! I get it, I get it! You are stupid.

- HEY!

-Alright you shitpieces, cut it off. You in the closet and you blondie sit down before I cut your limbs off.

-Tch. 

I saw Kankuro walking in the closet but before he could get away from the door Hidar slammed them shut sending puppeteer flying right on the floor.  Scooting closer I waited for him to get up but that didn't happen any time soon as he just remained laying down and grumbling something.

- Hey.

No answer, but I know he heard me because he wasn't complaining anymore and there was mostly silence filling small space. 

- Are you gonna turn around?

Still no reaction, and instead of trying to turn him around or trying to get him to turn around I reached my hand and pulled at his hood until it was completely off. This took him by surprise and his head shot up. I just slightly smiled as my hand moved caressing his hair.

- Your hair is soft...

-Don't sound so surprised idiot.

- Heh, Kankuro?

- What? 

- You know, I am sorry for calling your puppet a doll, I am just used to those big wooden puppets you carry around that this doesn't resemble a puppet.

- It's fine. Do you know anything about puppets anyways?

- No, not really to be honest.

- I see... not much to talk about huh?

- Yeah, but you don't seem to be minding me playing with your hair.

- Well it's kind of nice, so no reason to complain.

- Mhm, you know... You really do resemble a cat.

-Huh!?

- It's adorable. You are so calm and tame when someone gives you attention.

- Not really, I wanted to cut off Temari's hands when she tried to touch my hair.

- Then why are you letting me do it?

- Don't know. It feels different I guess. Don't be annoying.

- Yeah yeah sure. 

Somewhere in the middle of conversation Kankuro ended up laying with his head in my lap and his arm around my waist. Whole time I didn't stop running my hand through his hair. He really looked calm and in all honesty it would be sad not to use that. I leaned down and placed kiss on his cheek. Next thing I know he was sitting in front of me holding his face and blushing mad red.

-HUH?! What was that?

- I wanted to test something, apparently cats also like cuddles and kisses.But it looks like I scared you, sorry.

-...

-What? You actually hated it? Sorry for real, I won't do it again.

- Tch, you just surprised me... that is it yeah.

- Eh?

- What, are you actually not going to test your theory now? Or you want me to do it?

It was my turn to blush and before I could do anything more than stutter few incoherent words Kankuro leaned in towards me, both of his hand holding my face lightly. That seemed to knock some sense back to me as I quickly smiled and leaned in rest of the way placing my lips over his. His response was slow and gentle as if trying to prove that I was right and he was craving affection. 

-Hnnn, looks like you win. But do it again, it seems I really don't mind kisses.

- I can see that Kitty, but I think time is almost up.

- But how?

- Well we did spend most of it just talking...

-Dammit!!

- Haha don't worry, we have all the days and all the time after this so I will make sure to give you enough affection.

- Don't treat me like some kind of child!!

- I am not. I am just showing you how much I like you.

- You like me?

Moment of silence was followed by a loud smack and surprisingly high pitched yelp.

-You.Did.Not.Just.Aks.That.

- Sorry sorry I was joking I swear!!!

- Geez, can someone really be that stupid to ask a person you just kissed if they like you??

- I don't know, you are friends with blonde kid and girl with white eyes, so you should tell me that.

I laughed at that silently hoping neither of the mentioned friends heard that. Short time that was left we spent sitting in corner simply cuddling and talking about different things. When we got out Kankuro literally had to drag Temari away from me as she was bombarding me with questions like when will I come over for dinner even if there was no give away anything between me and her brother happened... Aside from Kankuro's hood being off...

If anything I know things won't be boring for a while now and I actually have someone to keep me company when I feel lonely.