[34] saving stiles

┌─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───┐
chapter thirty-four!
SAVING STILES
└─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───┘

( riddled, pt

( riddled, pt. ii )

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

VERA AND DOMINIC burst into the Sheriff Station, where they immediately book it to where they can see people gathered in the back of the main room. Enough people recognize them and don't ask questions when they hurry past deputies and other officers.

"Any updates?" Vera asks as soon as she's within earshot.

The air is tense. Sheriff Stilinski leans against a desk, his white-knuckled hands trembling and gripping onto its edge as if it's the only thing keeping him standing. His lined face is plagued with grief and fear — even if Stiles tests his patience more often than not, he's still his only child. Not to mention that this is the second time he's gone missing in the span of a year. Thanks to Allison's grandfather kidnapping both her and Stiles for information on Derek back in April, this is not a new ordeal.

Except this time, Stiles is alone.

Isaac and Scott stand off to the side, watching the sheriff closely, but still giving him space. Scott shakes his head in response to her question. His deep brown eyes are filled with worry, but his face has that grim look of I'm-gonna-save-him determination that he always seems to have when his friends are in trouble. Isaac looks relieved to see them here. His posture is stiff and his gaze had been locked on the floor before he'd glanced at them.

The sheriff squeezes his eyes shut, muttering, "Come on," to himself before forcing himself to stand up straight. He turns to Scott. "If his Jeep is gone, that's where we start. Parrish, let's get an APB out on a blue 1980 CJ-5 Jeep. Cordova, I want a list of any kind of industrial basement or sub-level of any building that he could've gotten into while sleepwalking."

Vera hadn't even noticed the two deputies nearby. One of them — Parrish — is the same, blond-haired guy who'd helped her when Barrow had ruptured a blood vessel in her nose. He gives her a nod of recognition before beginning to type on his computer. Isaac stiffens, and when Vera looks at him out of curiosity, he's back to staring hard at the floor.

Stilinski continues, addressing the entire station, "It's the coldest night of the year so far, so if he's out there barefoot in just a t-shirt, he could already be hypothermic. Let's move fast. Let's think fast." He looks at the teenagers. "The four of you, come with me."

They follow as he leads them into his office and quickly shuts the door. "Okay, is there anything you need to tell me that I can't tell everybody out there?"