𝐎𝐍𝐄 - 𝐍𝐎 𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐄𝐘, 𝐌𝐎 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐁𝐋𝐄𝐌𝐒.

OMNISCIENT ─── ・ 。゚☆: *

OMNISCIENT
─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Come on Ms. B, just two weeks," Brent begged. "you know I'm good for it!"

The lady sighed, feeling sorry for the desperate young man and momentarily finding herself wanting to give in. But even though she felt bad, she couldn't keep on giving him passes. His boyish charm and good looks weren't going to work on her this time.

"Christopher, I gave you an extra two weeks last time, and you said that that would be the last time! I'm sorry but I can't keep doing this, I have bills to pay too. Besides, if I keep on giving you an extension then I'd have to do the same for everyone else."

Brent felt the anger rising in his body. His fists balled at his sides and before he knew it, he exploded.

"Fuck!" he yelled, kicking over a nearby trash can.

Pacing back and forth, tears began welling in his eyes as he laughed bitterly. He couldn't help but hear his mother's voice in his head telling him how he wasn't shit and that he would fail and wouldn't be able to make it in New York, and so far, he was proving her right.

Brent was only eighteen when he decided to move four hours away to New York to attend NYU and also pursue his dream of becoming a singer, and three years later nothing had changed for him. He was still broke and failing school miserably, his music career flopped before it had even started, and now with the sudden death of his mother, he could no longer afford his rent. It was always one thing after another for him, and he was tired.

"So what does this mean for me?" the brown skin asked, his voice quiet and hands stuffed into his jeans pockets as he focused on the few pebbles he kicked around on the ground.

"It means that if you don't pay you're gonna have to give your room up."

"What?!" he exclaimed. "We're in a pandemic, you can't do that, you can't just put me out! My mom just died and I-"

"Unfortunately, New York City doesn't have to abide by the same laws as New York State, so I can and will put you out if don't have five hundred dollars from you by Wednesday. So that means you have two days. Have a good day, Christopher." she said with a half smile that was clearly fake, quickly shutting her door in Brent's face.

"Man, I fuckin' hate that bitch." the man growled turning around to truck his way up the next flight of stairs that led to his apartment.

About a minute later, he was opening the door to the apartment that he shared with three other guys. His roommate Tyler stood in the middle of the living room playing bowling on the wii.