𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 - 𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐏 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐏𝐒 𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊.

OMNISCIENT─── ・ 。゚☆: *

OMNISCIENT
─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Brent was currently in his song writing class, which was his last class of the day. Their assignment for the period was to write a song about any topic they chose, but they only had an hour to do so, although the class itself about two and a half hours long, and to say that Brent was struggling right now would be an understatement.

The struggling singer ripped out and crumbled up his paper from his notebook. He could feel the frustration coursing through his veins as he angrily threw his fourth piece of balled up notebook paper on the ground next to the other ones. He looked at the timer, which only had nine minutes left on it out of the hour they were given, and then back at his classmates, who all effortlessly wrote away.

Then he looked at Kentrell, who had been done with the assignment for at least thirty minutes and was now scrolling through his Instagram leaving multiple likes and comments on pictures of Instagram models.

Brent felt himself become even more infuriated, along with some masked jealousy that he would never admit to having towards the Baton Rouge native, but everyone except Kentrell knew it was there. It wasn't fair how easy song writing came to the rapper, all he needed was thirty minutes and he could create a whole song.

Meanwhile, with Brent having the worlds longest case of writers block, on top of being a perfectionist, he needed more like thirty days. He couldn't just spit out songs like everyone else. For him, it was a process. A very long process.

"Hey, you good B?" Brent's classmate Bryson asked, voice full of concern as his eyes trailed down to the now broken pencil the man clenched in his hand.

The dark skin broke the stare he held with the back of an oblivious Kentrell's head, shifting his eyes to Bryson.

He sighed. "I'm straight. Just thinkin' and shit, this is hard man. I have like no inspiration for this shit—"

"Okay class, times up. Put those pencils and pens down!" the professor instructed. "your assignment for tonight is to have one of your fellow classmates read over and critique your lyrics and make changes where they see necessary. You will have until Thursday and I'll be picking your partners."

The whole class groaned, Brent included. He hated that he was twenty one and his professors were picking out their partners for them like they were still in high school. Plus, he didn't wanna get paired with Kentrell, and with the luck he had been having lately, he had a feeling that it was gonna end up that way and he was not looking forward to it.

"—and lastly, Christopher and Kentrell."

Hearing both of their names being called together made Brent's heart sink into his booty hole. He groaned. That was exactly what he didn't want to happen.