we need to talk about the doc

🕸🕸🕸

🕸🕸🕸

The next morning the sun arose from the hill, bringing light to the dark events of the following night. Peter Parker and Gwen Stacy sat on the bleachers, supposedly finishing off homework, as the football team practiced on the field, running up and down. The cheer squad were also in full swing, Felicia Hardy giving a performative pout, raising her pom poms in the air.

"Are Felicia and I the only ones that know?" Gwen whispered to the boy, raising her gaze from the books sprawled out in front of her on the bench. Peter gave a small nod, uttering an inextinguishable confirmation. The blonde girl's train of sight, then briefly moved to her friend, who twisted agilely through the air, the other girls catching her. Smiles all on their faces, pom poms being shimmied in front of them. It was like nothing happened. Her mom nearly died last night, and there she was as usual. Now that Gwen thought about it, Felicia apart from during the time the attack on the bridge was happening, was unfazed by the whole thing. The large lizard like creature upon the bridge was second news to her. Her lightened eyebrows fell together in a frown at the situation that just felt a little....off. The distant ringing of the bell from inside the building interrupted her thoughts, causing her to blink several times. "I've got calculus" Gwen stated, gathering up her books with the help of Peter, who had a free class. "I'll see you later?"

"Yeah" Peter grinned goofily, making her face erupt into a smile, the pair going to kiss, when a ball suddenly whizzed towards them, the boy catching it with his super-human reflexes. The two teenagers could only laugh, standing up walking across the metal flooring of the bleachers, before parting ways. Peter stuck his hands in his pockets, making his way across the field, sticking his headphones into his ears. His feet had just met the pavement, when an echoey calling of his name appeared through the music being blasted into his ears, causing him to turn. Felicia Hardy ran towards him, hoodie pulled over her cheer outfit, a gym bag over one of her shoulders.

"Hey" His voice rose up in its raspy way, pulling out his earphones, shoving them in his pockets.

"Hey" She reciprocated, catching her breath from running across the sports field. She fell into his step, going silent for a moment, the two walking comfortably out the gates. It was then that she turned to him. "I just wanted to say.... thank you"

"F-for what?" Peter queried in his usual round-a-bout manner, raising a thick eyebrow. Felicia looked at him for a second, confusion spreading across her face.

"For saving my mom.....?" She trailed off, to which the boy let out an awkward laugh, seeing how obvious the whole thing was.

"Right, right. I-I did that" He nodded persuasively, heaving out an airy chuckle.

"You did" Felicia smiled gratefully, kicking a stone across the tarmac as they walked "But-uh-that's not all I wanted to talk to you about....that lizard thing on the bridge...whatever it was...it's going to hurt other people, isn't it?" Her eyes met his slowly with concern. The girl could be selfish, but the thought of that thing hurting anyone else...succeeding at killing someone else's mom...didn't sit right with her.