you can hold my hand (requested)

"What time is it now?" You breathlessly asked Jeongyeon, slightly releasing your strong grip on her hand that she was happy to let you hold.

She looked up at the clock, a little torn on whether she should tell you or not because it's only been a few hours since this all begun and she's afraid you're going to get discouraged.

"Just a few minutes after three am." She said as she rubbed your back.

You groaned and laid your head on her shoulder as she kissed your head and tried to help you relax.

But relaxing is a little hard to do when the baby you've kept safe and healthy inside of you has decided to join the world today, putting you through the most intense and indescribable pain you've ever felt before.

You've heard how hard and painful this is but you could've never prepared yourself for it to be this bad.

Jeongyeon was trying to comfort you and coax you through it all, but she feels helpless because she knows that she can't take away your pain, no matter how hard she tries.

"It's been almost eight hours, Jeongyeon." You groaned and before she could say a word, the pain returned, even stronger than before.

"I've got you." She whispered softly and didn't even wince when you squeezed the life out of her hand. "It's okay. Take a deep breath."

You shook your head, insistent that you couldn't. The pain was so intense it just took the breath right out of your lungs.

You whimpered and used your other hand to clutch her shirt.

As the pain got more intense every couple of minutes it came around, your grip on the fabric and her hand got stronger, now so strong that you were almost ripping her shirt.

"I'm sorry." You mumbled as you realized how tight your grip was.

"No worries, baby." She promised and kissed the crown of your head.

"It's never going to end." You mumbled hopelessly, hanging your head with a shaky exhale as the pain slowly came to an end... for a moment or two.

"It will," Jeongyeon promised. "Very soon, it'll be over. When it is, we'll meet our baby. Isn't that exciting?" She grinned.

As hard as it was for you to see the joy in these moments when you're going through so much, you knew she was right and the look of happiness in her eyes when they locked with yours took your mind off of everything for a second.

"Yeah."

She brushed a lock of hair behind your ear and intertwined your fingers with hers again, wanting to be holding your hand already when the pain would return because she knew it'd be any minute now.

"I know you're exhausted. I know we've been in this hospital room for eight hours now and I know that you're hurting, but we're almost there and we're going to get through it. You've got this. I'm right here with you."

"You won't let go?" You mumbled before groaning as the pain came back again, your grip tighter than ever on Jeongyeon's hand.

"Not even for a minute. I promise you, it's going to be so worth it. Just keep breathing. We're in this together."

You exhaled shakily and looked up at her, smiling a little as she dropped her forehead onto yours.

"I love you, my tough cookie." She said as she brushed a lock of hair behind your ear.

"I love you too." You said as you put your head back on her chest, closing your eyes as you took a deep breath.

As scared as you feel, you know you're going to get through this with Jeongyeon by your side, and you know she's right; all the pain you're going through will be so worth it so soon.