late-night drives (requested)

"I'm really sorry that I woke you, Jeongyeon. I know you were in a deep sleep."

"Don't worry about it, baby." She said as she closed the car door.

Reaching over, she put a blanket over your lap and covered you up with it as you put your seat back slightly.

It's after three am and you can't seem to get to sleep.

After laying in bed for hours with no sleep, you eventually woke Jeongyeon, who had the idea of going for a late-night drive.

"This will relax you, baby. You'll get to sleep." She promised as she started the car.

"I hope so." You sighed. "Because if this doesn't work, I'm pulling an all-nighter. Where are we going to go?"

"Just for a drive. We'll spend some time going through some neighborhoods and around town. I don't care how long I'm driving for, so don't worry about that. You just relax."

She pulled out of the driveway and began to drive through different neighborhoods.

"The Christmas lights are pretty."

"Yeah, they are." She agreed. "Are you feeling tired?"

"Not really." You said as you gazed out the window.

Jeongyeon just nodded her head and continued to drive.

"You can turn back around and go back home. This isn't going to work and you're just depriving yourself of sleep." You said with a yawn.

But Jeongyeon shook her head with a smile and continued to drive through the city.

She didn't care how long it took. She wasn't giving up on you.

Especially since you were starting to get sleepy.

She could hear it in your voice and how you were yawning more frequently.

You were finally feeling tired.

"Here, I'll turn the music on with the volume down." She said and turned on the radio, switching to a station with slower and more relaxing songs.

She kept the volume low enough that it wouldn't bother you if you fell asleep yet loud enough that the music would be heard and would help soothe you to sleep.

Eventually, it seemed to.

That, along with the movement of the car and the sound of her voice as she softly spoke to you about whatever came to her mind, soothed you to sleep.

You closed your eyes and soon started to breathe slowly as you fell asleep.

"How are you feeling, baby? Tired?" Jeongyeon asked as she turned her head to look at you.

And she smiled when she saw that you were sound asleep with your head tilted back against the seat and the blanket up to your shoulders.

"Sweet dreams, darling," She said and kept driving for a little while longer before taking you home and carrying you up to bed, relieved that you'd finally fallen asleep.