• Mafia AU • [Angst]

------------------------------------------------------
Key -

"Thoughts" = Underlined

"Out loud" = Normal
------------------------------------------------------

Third Person PoV

It had been a cold Friday night. Michael was supposed to be at his sixteenth birthday party with his friends but instead he was hiding in his parents closet whilst holding his little brother closely. Gunshots rang across the house and a terrible blood curdling scream echoed in the air. It was that of the mother of the house. The younger brother flinched in his brothers arm as he heard the cry of his mother. Tears began to stream down the little ones eyes as he began to think about his other family members.

"W..what if Liz is dead.." The thought slithered it's way inside of Chris's head.

He looked up to his big brother who was equally as scared and seeing the fear in his eyes made him even more scared. I mean if something made Michael scared then it must have been really bad.

"M..Mikey w..why i..is this happening" The little boy asked his big brother in a trembling tear filled voice.

"I..I don't know Chris..j..just shhhh" Chris stuffed his face into the older boys shirt and nodded.

Michael himself could feel his shirt become increasingly wet as salty tears fell on him. He was extremely worried for his brother. If he had died what would happen to the crybaby? Sure he pranked and picked on him a lot but he had always cared for the younger one. Michael knew Chris was extremely sensitive and if he had died Chris would have no family and be left devastated.

After about a few minutes of hiding the gunshots stopped. Chris was about to open the door but was immediately stopped by Michael who quickly grabbed his wrist and moved it away from the door knob. The newly sixteen years old wasn't taking any chances. He would hide him and his ten year old brother in the closet until he was absolutely certain that the people were gone. He absolutely didn't trust the silence. It may be a trap to get them to come out.

Suddenly a round of gunshots could be heard. Most of them missing the pair....but one. One of the gunshots hit the smaller brother right in the head. The bullet made it's way through Chris's head and hit Michael in his chest. Due to the pain Chris was in a state of shock and his body shook vigorously before finally the smaller fell backwards in the process making the closet door force it's way open.

Michael on the other hand just stared in horror as his little brothers light body fell to the floor with a thump. Crushed the older boy slid to the floor still maintaining eye contact with his brothers halfway lifeless body. He placed his hand on his own wound and winced in pain. Blood trickled it's way down Michael's mouth as he coughed more and more blood up.

He slowly looked up turning his attention to a blurry looking figured in a black suit and hat. At this point he the blood loss was making his vision so blurry that he couldn't even make out colors anymore. Before he slipped off into unconscious he had one last thing to say.

"C..Chris..I'm..s..so sorry f..for everything I..I've done...I..I should've pro..protect..protected y..you" The boy said in between coughs of blood.

"Oh...th.. that's ok M..Mikey I..I never hat..hated y..you brother" The smaller said before finally closing his eyes to take his eternal rest.

At the sight Michael's eyes filled with tears and his coughing began to crack. His life flashed before his eyes and he saw all the terrible things he had done. He couldn't help but think maybe he deserved it? The thought quickly fleeded Michael's head. He didn't want to go out feeling sorry for himself. Michael smiled to himself one last time before closing his eyes to hopefully join the rest of his family.
______________