삼십

Thirty

Thirty

~🐰~

Jungkook

I don't want to break up with her. I don't want to lose her. But I can't keep pretending that this relationship is okay, that there are no problems between us, and that I'm fine. I'm not okay. The fact that she tends to put work first and tries to make it up to me by saying 'sorry' for the millionth time or initiating sex to distract me is not okay.

"Do you want this relationship to end, Jungkook?"

I look up at her. I zoned out when she asked me that question the first time.

I know I suggested ending our relationship myself, but I wasn't expecting her to jump right onto it and throw it right back at my face. I intended to only threaten her with it, thinking she wouldn't want to even think about it. But I guess I was wrong and now she's making me think about it as well.

"I- I don't know."

Her eyes widen, she groans and throws her arms in the air before turning around and looking through the window that was behind her, forcing me to look at her back.

"I don't know what you want from me Jungkook. Do you want me to change? Do you want me to drop everything and give you my undivided attention? Because, honestly.. you're not that amazing either. You prioritize work as well. So please don't act like I'm the only one who's at fault here. We both want to do well in our companies and the fact that we share the same field of expertise is amazing, but I can't deal with you wanting me to change if you're gonna pretend that you never make any mistakes."

I walk up to her and gently place my hands on her hips as I press my torso against her back. "I know I'm no knight in shining armor and I know I also prioritize work at times. But I think our relationship is important too and it seems you forget about me the moment JP or Hope pop up in your mind."

She stays quiet and I assume she's letting my words sink in, so I dare to continue.

"I love you, yeobo. But I can't pretend to be fine anymore. Unless you're willing to actually start putting some effort into our relationship, some time and actually start caring a little more. I don't think we can continue to date if things will stay the same. I truly do understand how important the creation of JP is to you because this is a way for you to prove yourself to your father. And it's also important to me because this will be Jimin and I's new start. But we can balance work and private life and both put effort into it. It can't come from one side and it has been feeling like this for over a month now. I can't be the only one to care anymore and I really can't pretend to be fine either."