First Night Hunt

After two years of Rusongs death grandpa Jin Guangshan died. There had been several rounds of rumors related to his death. Post Grandpa's death grandma Madam Jin health also started deteriorating and she took her own life at Koi tower. After their death uncle Yao had taken all the responsibilities on his shoulder. He was bestowed the title "The cultivation leader" of all sects.

Even after reaching age of 10 years, I am still without any friends. Children of my age envy me in Lanlingjin sect considering me fortunate enough to inherit the kingdom. In Yunmeng, because of uncle's protective nature and hatred for Wei Wuxian, parents of Yunmeng children are scared to allow their children mingle with me. 

Gone are those days when with frustration of being alone I used to throw everything around inside the room. Gone are those days when I used to scold all maids and servants. Now, I have learnt to live like this, now I am not alone, I am always with my fairy.

Now, I am not bothered nor interested in wasting time playing games which will not help me to prove my abilities in future. While strolling alone on the streets, I heard few locals discussing about beast.

Women 1 - "Did you hear, sect leader Jiang Cheng has again hit two people with Zidian for practicing forbidden cultivation method"

Women 2 - "Yes, They were actually practicing it secretly until lower level corpses harassed people down the Yili forest and they fought showing their powers"

I came back to my room, tied my canister filled with arrows on my back holding a bow in my hand. In my waist I tucked a sword. I rushed out to the direction of Yili forest and Fairy simply followed me.

As I entered depths of forest, I could hear unknown screech and screams. Fairy grunted and barked continuously. Being alert to the sound I gripped my fingers on the sword. Suddenly a gust of wind was blown and Fairy tripped unconscious on the floor. Looking backwards as I could no longer hear Fairy's barks, I staggered seeing her unconscious lying on ground. Moving towards her I felt somebody is approaching to attack me. I whirled around to search for low level corpse but it was hiding.

I bent down to take little Fairy in my embrace when I felt somebody was dragging me holding my neck. A blue light flashed in front of my eyes and I realized it is none other than Zidian. Finally I am calm knowing Uncle Jiang has come for help. Uncle Jiang along with few disciples fought the evil rescuing Fairy and me.

I am lying beside fairy and uncle is arranging medical help for her.

Jiang Cheng - "Who told you to become hero and fight alone?"

"Promise me next time onward you will never go alone. You will always inform me"

Jing Ling – "I wasn't alone. Fairy was with me"

Jiang Cheng – "And see how is fairy now? Fairy needs to be trained to become spiritual dog". Walking closer towards Fairy uncle Cheng tied a bell on her neck. "This will protect her from evil spirits"

Alone was my life, I had no friends
Placing you in my arms, I met my little fairy
Never did I thought you need to be trained
On our first meet, your barks towards Jin Chan made me content
Seeing you unconscious, the thought of losing you felt so scary
Spiritual dogs know how to self-restrain
Your training begin with jumps and flips
I was so proud any hurdles on your way you never missed
Barking for unusual you never bite anybody
Sniffing around feeling suspicious of evil, to protect me you were always ready
With you ever around grew our bond
I was always scared when I stopped hearing your sound

-Jin Ling