4.

Monami couldn't figure out if she should talk to Karan about their kiss. Did it mean something to him? And if it did, then did it mean something to her? She was pretty sure Karan wouldn't like to talk about it, but if they didn't talk about it, it would make their interactions weird. He was her trainer. They needed to sort this one out. She almost decided to go talk to him, but she got cold feet.

"Monami, kya hum andar aa sakte hai?"
She turned around to see Chitra and Sumanji at her door. At this point, she didn't want to talk to them, but she wasn't the kind of person who could say no to anybody. So she nodded.

"Monami please Sumanji ko maaf kar do. Sumanji ne kya kya suna diya tumko jabki tumhari koi galti nahi thi."

"Haa Monami. Sorry. #apology accept kar lo."

"Sumanji ko kya pata tha woh Sid dhokhebaaz niklega? Kitna sweet dikhta hai aur Sumanji uske aansuon mein beh gayi."

Monami looked at the two women who were looking at her apologetically. Her smile returned. "It's okay. But Suman ji, Chitra, dekho hum sab ladkiyan hai. Hume ek dusre ko support karna chahiye. Tabhi toh society mein koi change aayega. We've to have each other's back!"

"You're right. We should never trust guys. They're all #cheaters."

"Sorry yaar Monami. Tu sachhi bohot achhi hai. Aur yeh thik keh rahi hai. Sid dhokha dega maine socha nahi tha. Par tere saath aisa kiya usne toh tujhe koi muh tod jawab dena parega. Main toh kehti hu hum sab maar maar ke uska kachumbar bana dete hai."

"No no please-" Monami started.

"No. Isse bhi better plan hai tum affair kar lo. Woh toh full jal jayega then pachtayega about leaving you. #jealous #regret."

"Haa yeh achha idea hai. Sumanji kehti hai tu Karan ke saath thoda romance kar le. Tum dono ek saath pure ke pure aag lagte ho. Sid jalan ke maare marr hi jayega."

Monami hit her head. Why was everyone hating on Sid? They weren't even engaged for god sake. "Aisa kuch nahi hai. Sid ne mujhe dhokha nahi diya... Main kaise samjhaun tum logo ko? Look, Sid kisi aur se pyaar karta hai. Main khush hu. Everyone deserves love. Hum best friends hai aur humesha rahenge. Uske zyada humare beech na kabhi kuch tha aur na hoga."

"Phir tum usse shaadi kyu karne waali thi?" Sumanji asked.

"Woh toh bas aise hi." Monami shrugged.

The two girls looked at each other. "Pakka tu thik hai?"

"Pakka."

"Toh hum tere liye ladka dhoonde koi?" Sumanji asked.

"Yeah #matchmaking so you get a #boyfriend."

"Dhoondhne ki bhi kya zaroorat hai Chitra. Sumanji ko toh ladka mil gaya. Karan!"

"#hotcouple"

Monami sighed. Why were they so obsessed with Karan and her? Did they really look hot together?   She decided that moment that she had to talk to Karan. If they could come and apologise even after making such a huge mistake, she could surely talk to Karan. She really wouldn't get any sleep otherwise. For her own mental peace, she had to. 

***

Monami knocked on Karan's door. She was nervous, more nervous than she was talking to her father about coming to Parakram. He took a minute to open the door. Monami suddenly second guessed her decision of coming here. Karan was standing in his pyjamas, making her realise it was almost bedtime. This was the wrong time to talk about their kiss. What if he took it in the wrong way? Then she calmed herself.

"Hi... may I come in?" She asked.

Karan looked around. It was almost night time. He didn't want to be seen with a girl, and he was sure she wasn't allowed to be here after dark. Also he had no idea what to say to her. He wanted to forever avoid the topic of what happened in the morning, but of course, Monami tsunami wouldn't let it go. "Come in." He quickly closed the door behind her.