Chapter Twenty-Five

Elle

I danced around my room with my earbuds in as I screamed the lyrics to one of my favorite songs, filled to the brim with a happiness I never experienced before.

My phone buzzed with a notification and I didn't even need to look at it to see who it was. I mean who else would it be? I opened my phone and an immediate smile was put on my face.

Bil💙
hey mama, i hope you're doing well. i know your mom came back into town today. please call me if something happens and facetime me when you get the chance :)

I smiled to myself as I texted her back. My music still blasting in my ears. I didn't even hear my door open until my mom had grabbed my shoulder almost giving me whiplash as she turned me around.

"Eleanor! I have been shouting your name for 5 minutes! What on earth are you doing up here?"

"I was listening to music." I stated. Taking my earbuds out.

"Well for goodness sakes don't have it up so high. Now I need to talk to you young lady."

"Okay. Talk then." I said.

"I am having a little get together with everyone from the church this Saturday so I need you out of the house."

"What? Why?"

"Because you are a walking sin that's why. Listen Eleanor, I have tried and tried to get you on the right path with the Lord but you have simply refused. I can't have you going around the house talking about all this homosexual nonsense that's gotten into your brain."

"So instead of letting me stay in my room where I wouldn't be a bother to literally anyone, you're just gonna kick me out?"

"Oh, don't say it like that, that makes it seem like it's a bad thing. You can just stay with Alexis for the night, think of it as a sleepover or something."

My mom didn't know that me an Alexis weren't even friends anymore. I never tell her anything so as long as she's concerned me and Alexis are still besties.

I rolled my eyes and mumbled "Whatever," walking around her and downstairs into the kitchen.

Recently I've become so much more carefree around my mother. I didn't care if she saw me roll my eyes, talk back, or even yell at her. I just didn't care anymore. I was just tired of her in general.

She started lecturing me about how I should start showing her some respect or whatever as I tuned her out. Eventually she stopped talking and I took that as my cue to go up to my room to facetime Billie.

It only rang like two times before she picked up.

"Hi baby," She greeted cheerfully. The pet name made me blush a little.

"Hey, Bil. Guess what?"

"Whats up?"

"I'm spending the night at your house this Saturday." I said with a smile.

"Seriously? Oh my god! Yes! Wait why? Is everything okay?" She asked.

"Yeah my mom's just having a stupid church thing and she wanted me out of the house."

"Wait. So she's kicking you out of your own house, just to have a church party?"

I shrugged.
"Pretty much."

"That's so stupid! What the hell?"

"It is. But it's all good cause I get to spend a weekend with you. She thinks I'm going over to Alexis's house."