Chapter two part two: "We can be partners in crime"

James' gorgeous car to the top^^

ENJOY!

I went to a secluded corridor in a part of school I knew no one would be. I needed time to think. I come back to school hoping to get maybe just a little revenge but in all I just wanted to get through this year with no complications and now I, apparently, have a bad boy wanting me. This is too much for the first day back.

I heard footsteps behind me, echoing through the corridors and I turned to see James storming towards me.

“Why’d you run?” he sneered, pushing into the wall and caging me with his arms.

“James, I…”

“You what? Chloe! Damn I just admitted my feelings for you back there and all you could do is run. Why?” my breath hitched in my throat and licked my lips, gulping loudly.

“Nervous, sweetheart?” he chuckled humourlessly. He was so tall he was towering over me. He smelt so good, his scent was suffocating me; in the best way possible. James leant forward, burying his face into my neck, whilst I had my breath waiting for his next move.

“Answer my question Chloe, why’d you run?” his lips were so distracting, he was peppering kisses up and down my neck, his hands were nearing my butt.

“I…I don’- fuck” I moaned when his lips found my sweet spot. “James…please stop. Let me explain. I can’t talk when you’re doing this”

He finally stopped, stepping away from me and slid onto the floor; looking at me expectantly. I sat down on the floor beside him.

“Explain” he said curtly, his jaw clenched. His mood swings were going to give me whiplash.

“All my sophomore and junior year; I’ve been bullied. There hasn’t been one person, including you, or so I thought, that stood up for me. I’ve always had no one and that’s what I’m used to. I’ve never spoken to you and then you go admitting you’ve always had feelings for me. It just makes me think you’re only telling me this now because I’ve changed the way I look.” I was glad he hadn’t interrupted me, I needed this time to let it all out. “I’ve had my barriers up since I stepped into school, it’s not even been a full day and I can already feel them falling down. I can’t be hurt again. I changed myself so everyone knows they can’t hurt me anymore. I’m tired of this; I just want to get through senior year unscathed and I want them to get a taste of their own medicine.” It was silent for the first couple of minutes then James pulled me up of the floor and hugged me tightly.

“I’ve been there for you, every single day waiting in the shadows. You’re so confident now, I thought it was the right time to tell you. I really like you. And I’ll prove it to you for however long it takes” he kissed my cheek tenderly. This is not the bad boy everyone knew and was scared of. This was the real James Latimore. I smiled at him and hugged my arms around his waist. I could already feel my barriers crumbling; but for James, I’d let them crumble any day.

“And baby; we can be partners in crime” he said winking at me.

**

The whole day, James was by my side glaring at any boy who dared to come and speak to me. It seemed that the bad boy was back and stronger than ever. I still couldn’t get my head around what James had said. There’s a little part of me that’s still a bit cautious, but what can I expect. I’ve never had anyone there for me and now James is confessing his undying love for me. It’s a lot to take in.  I’ll have to admit when I was a ‘good girl’ James caught my attention plenty of times. I mean how couldn’t he’s gorgeous. But I stayed far away, whenever I walked past him, I would keep my head down to the floor. ‘Why would he want a girl like me?’ I would think. I changed the way I looked not for boys but I some point through my plan I thought of James and what he would think. It seems I’ve got my answer.