Chapter 3 - Pancakes

Kathrine POV

    Finally after a 20 minute drive with Ethans horrible driving we arrived at my home. when Ethan pulled in I opened the garage and told him to park inside. Once I closed the garage behind him via, I tried to open my door to get out but Ethan wouldn't let me he insisted on opening the door for me. So I let him, He opened the car door I got out then he opened the door to the house for me. I headed straight for the kitchen to start making everyone dinner but Ethan stopped me he insisted that I go lay down and he'd make dinner "Ethan you know I am more then capable to cook for everyone" I said slightly annoyed. " you just got out of the hospital please go lay down I will Bring you dinner in your bed." I knew I wasn't going to win this battle with him based on the look he was giving me, it was so stern but caring at the same time. Seeing this side of Ethan was s strange to me but i tired to shake it off. I took cam and went to my room to start Mamma Mia.

Ethans POV

    As I started dinner grey walked over to me "you know she's okay right, its also not your fault dude." I knew what he said but I didn't want respond because it wasn't true it was my fault and she's not okay. For fucks sake she had to go to the hospital nothing about that is okay. I guess I was lost in thought for too long because grey grabbed my shoulder " Ethan I mean It.". " yes I know but it doesn't feel that way. I feel like it's my fault because I couldn't protect her." Grey looked at me with soft eyes he knew nothing he said could make me feel better. " let me help you with dinner, what are we making" he asked changing the subject. I'm so glad he dropped it, i didn't wanna think about it anymore. "Well based on what's in the fridge we can do her favorite, Spaghetti!" . Grey started the meatballs, while I'm making the sauce all we heard was kitty and cam singing dancing queen. I'm not gonna lie it was really cute and I'm glad she's so happy, About 30 minutes later we finished and starting plating it so we could bring it to the girls. We couldn't even get fully up the stairs before I heard kitty rush towards us "is that spaghetti?" She asked, "yes" I replied with a grin " is that YOUR spaghetti?" She asked again getting more excited. "Absolutely" I replied. Before I could get another step in she snatched her bowel from me and took off screaming in joy. I couldn't help but look at grey and laugh, As we finally made it to her room she was already half way done. Grey gave cam her bowel them him and I sat next to the girls on kittys bed to finally eat. After about a half hour of watching Mamma Mia I finally started to fall asleep,Grey was already passed out so is cam. Before i fall asleep i scoot closer to kitty. I start to fall asleep I can feel her Hand make contact with my head as she starts to play with my hair...

THE NEXT MORNING

I finally woke up around 10:30 and everyone was still passed out cam and kitty were laying on each other and grey was at the end of the bed. I got up as quietly as I could and went down to make brekfast for everyone. As I'm plating the last pancakes kitty came down the stairs,I could see the bags under her eyes she was so tired. yet she looked gorgeous, she came and sat down she just seemed so down. " good morning kitty cat" I said with a smirk knowing she hates being called that. She gave me a menacing look. " good morning grant" she said knowing hate my middle name. "Your lucky your my sisters best friend or I wouldn't have to be so nice" I love messing with her, the look of frustration on her  face is too cute. "E can I ask you something?" when these words left her mouth It felt like time was still. What was she gonna ask me? Does she know? How'd she find out? " yeah of course." I hope she doesn't know I don't know what'd Id say. I don't know what'd she say. I cant handle that rejection right now. "Why do you hate me" she asked while looking down at her feet. No, she thinks I hate her. Why does she think I hate her, have I been that cold to her. " why do you think that?" I ask while waiting for her too make eye contact. "I don't know you've just been kinda cruel to me over the years sometimes and now you're not so I'm just confused." I've gone too far. I made her think I hate her, me she'd never date me now, what do I do. What do I say. I could tell the silence was killing her before I could open my mouth she said never mind and started to get up. "Kitty wait" I ran over to her and pulled her into a tight embarrass. "Kitty I don't hate you I'm so sorry I ever made you feel like that, I promise you, you mean more to me then you'll ever know." I say while still holding her tight in my arms.

    I'm so hurt I cant believe my actions led her to believe that I hated her. We stayed like that until we heard someone coming down. As soon as we heard the foot steps she went back to sitting at the island and I went back to plating pancakes. Once the footsteps ended I looked up, it was grey and cam. They both looked dead, "well good morning sunshine" I said sarcastically. Nether looked amused, " I made pancakes if you'd like some?" they both instantly perked up as I knew they would. After they both sat down I handed everyone their plates and sat down to eat myself. While eating we were just chatting laughing and having fun. It was nice to be able to let loose and forget about the previous day. I knew it wouldn't last long as we had to come up with a plan since kitty had to go back to school tomorrow. For now ill enjoy this time for as long as I can.

TIMR SKIPPPPPPPPPPPP

ETHANS POV
    The weekend flew by so fast, I don't know what I'm gonna do. She's gonna be at school by herself for a week, I'm just glad that guys still in the hospital. That way I don't have to worry about him, grey went home last night so its just cam, kitty, and i in her house. It seems like the girls are still asleep so I'm going to go get some bagels and eggs started. As i leave the guest room and i can faintly hear cam and kitty talking.
"Cam do you think everyone remembers what happened?" Kitty sounded so sad when she said it, "kitty i promise everything will be okay you'll have grey and i if you need anything.". I could feel my stomach twisting hearing them talk about this, it kills me knowing I can't be there. I can't help, she's on her own. I have no doubt that grey and cam will protect her but what if there not fast enough? What if they don't notice anything is happening. I eventually slowly creep past kitties room to let her and cam talk, i went downstairs to finally start breakfast.
After about five minutes i have all the breakfast finished and i called to the girls to come down and eat before they have to leave. Kitty is the first one down and she looks stunning, she's just wearing jeans and a black cropped top but she's just so beautiful. I hand her a plate with some eggs and a bagel, "kitty you are so beautiful." I just can't help but take her in. "Oh. Um thank you E."she turned this bright shade of red and tucked her hair behind her ear, god she's so cute. While we sat in a kind of awkward silence cam came bolting down the stairs,"so where is this breakfast i smell, And did you poison it?." I rolled my eyes at my nit Witt of a sister,"no cam I wouldn't have given it to kitty of it were, but if it was just you absolutely." We both gave each other a menacing look before letting out some laughs. Once we all finished eating i started to clean up and cam and kitty started the head out the door for school, "Kitty wait a sec" i ran over to her and hugged her really tight."I'm always a call away okay remember that okay." I pulled her away to look at her, she shook her head that she understood and turned to leave.
———————••••••••————————