Chapter Two.

Grace

"Hey, can you grab the Java bag outside?"

I look over at Jenny, who's my manager. She's been running around all morning and looks stressed out of her mind.

Those bags are huge and it usually takes at least two of us to lug inside but Jenny and Elle are the only ones here and Elle has been making lattes like her life's depended on it. I think Peter should be here any minute, but maybe she's gonna have him do something else when he shows.

"Yeah," I nod, wiping the coffee beans off my hands and onto the apron. "Is the trolly out there?"

"Should be," she says distractedly. She's taking the order of another costumer right after so I just make my way out the back of the store.

Okay.. So where is the trolly? The last thing I need is to lug a bag that's the size of me inside. I wouldn't even make it to the door.

After scanning the back room and having a momentary freak out that it's not actually here, I see it behind some boxes. Thank Christ.

I start digging it out and by the time I get to it, I'm already sweating far more than I ever want too and I haven't even looked at the bag yet.

Once I'm out of Harmons, I walk around to the side of the building where we get these bags dropped off. I feel my whole body deflate when I see the sack of coffee beans. It's huge and heavy and even getting it onto this trolly will be difficult.

I stand in front of it and tie my hair back as I try to think of my next play. I wish we had one of those two wheel trollies that you can slip the little metal ledge under the object and then tilt and wheel it in. But what I have is a cart. I have to pick up the bag and lift it onto a cart that goes up to my waist. Half of me things that walking in while holding it may be easier than lifting that high. I bend down and try to pick up the bag and nope- nope.

Definitely cannot carry it in myself. I sigh deeply as I rest my hand on the cart while still glaring at the bag. I'm gonna have to just full send it.

I go to squat down and grip the bottom of it, taking a deep breath before I start to lift. Okay, one... two...

"Need a hand?"

Fuck.

I let go of the bag and drop my head with a huff. I know who that is. I said the first day I met him that I'd recognize his voice every time he spoke after just hearing it once, and that's exactly what's happened every time he's come in for the past two weeks.

At first I was excited to see him every day, but then with every order he placed with Elle, the more I deflated. It's obvious he's only coming in to talk to her. I'm happy for her, she deserves a cute boy and he seems kind. He always makes sure to leave a tip and he smiles and talks to anyone he sees. He's always making people laugh. He's made me laugh.

Though I will say, they're both pretty bad at flirting with each other. Like I said, it's obvious he's here for her since he's at literally all of her shifts, but she barely talks to him. I'm about ready to sit her down and tell her to get her shit together and talk to him. I'm tired of watching him come in every day until she pays attention to him.

I turn around and face the guy who I've seen almost every day, but still don't know the name of. He looks cute today. He has a grey shirt on that says Seattle inside of some kind of bird logo but I'm not sure what it's for. He's also wearing some black shorts that show off his very nice thighs and a pair of athletic sneakers. Between the fit and the way his hair is wet, I'd say he was just working out.