Chapter 8

Somehow it never felt right anymore when they didn’t end the day at their favourite spot by the Eiffel Tower, and it was a delight for Jihan to know that Hyewon felt the same way.

As soon as she hopped on the moped, right after she had wrapped her arms around the other girl’s waist, Hyewon had took off towards the familiar direction, making her smile instantly.

And the whole time they were cruising smoothly on the streets, Hyewon's hand never left hers.

“Hold on tight, okay?” The other girl had told her while she drove with one hand. “Don’t let go.”

“I won’t.”

—–

“This sandwich is really good… and tastes awfully familiar.”

She ignored Hyewon's soft chuckle and continued munching on her dinner, relishing on the familiar taste. Jihan was sure she had tasted it before, but going back to all the times she had eaten Hyewon's exceptional cooking, she was at a lost.

“Of course. It’s the one we ate on the truck.”

That’s right, she thought, nodding. Now she remembered.

“How come you never make this often? I really like it.”

“You do?”

Jihan nodded, finally looking at Hyewon with a happy smile.

“Then I’ll make it more often from now on.”

Both finished almost at the same time, with Hyewon keeping the empty containers in the backpack she was hauling around as soon as she had taken her last bite. They drank from the same bottle, which the taller girl also threw away when they were done.

When she got back from the trash bin, Jihan watched her offer her hand with a smile.

“Let’s go for a walk.”

—–

Somewhere in between the comfortable chatter and the relaxing walk, Jihan had found herself taking refuge on a park bench while she rubbed her calf muscles.

She blamed the countless hours of standing on heels while she was at the party, and she couldn’t be grateful enough that Hyewon had brought her some sneakers to change into.

“You okay?”

Jihan heard Hyewon's chuckle and the next thing she knew, the red haired girl was already squatted in front of her, giving her legs a soft massage.

There were times when Jihan would just look at Hyewon (just like now) and she wouldn’t think of anything else, other than how lucky she was.

Here she was, sitting like a princess on a bench, in one of the most beautiful cities in the world, getting a massage from the most amazing girl she had ever met in her entire life. It was funny how she almost didn’t meet her because of her stubbornness.

But sure enough, the few months they’ve spent together had been her happiest, and she was more than adamant on prolonging that.

If she could have forever, then she’d take it without a second thought.

“Feeling okay now?”

Jihan nodded, her eyes smiling as Hyewon looked up at her with a grin that made her chin dimple look more prominent.