Ch.- 3 Dealing with Boredom

Friday. A day many eagerly awaited as it meant the start of a nice weekend break, even Arannir would look forward to it...but now, not so much. To him, it was just another day of the week.

And he wasn't the only one who thought that. The Noise did not care what day of the week it was, or even the hour. They'd simply appear and (as some people like to say) wreck shit up, meaning it was the Second Division's responsibility to deal with them, which now included him.

Unfortunately for the Dragonborn, the bastards enjoyed going out more at night as of late, and because most of the time he was the closest to where they appeared, that strange transmitter the Second Division gave him loved to blare loudly in order to wake him up.

The damn thing was lucky the Noise made for a good stress ball; otherwise, it would've been blown to smithereens day one.

...Although that still didn't stop him from going sleep deprived.

Strangely enough, he couldn't help but find the whole thing amusing.

Back in Tamriel, he was used to waking up at any moment given that, thanks to his luck, he'd sometimes get attacked by some foolish bandits that thought he'd make an easy target whenever they saw him camp out in the wilderness.

And that was on a good day...or night. Whatever.

But ever since he arrived here, he had grown accustomed to sleep throughout the night with little to no interruptions. Guess that's what happens when the only real threat was something he didn't need to worry about...until now.

That said, ever since he joined the Second Division, the lack of any real schedule allowed him more free time to do whatever he needed...which mostly meant staying on his couch and reading all day. However, with how often he's been doing that, he started to grow bored of reading, so he decided he'd change his usual routine, which brings us to the present day.

A yawn escaped Arannir's lips as he wandered down the streets of the city looking for something that might catch his attention. And so far, he's been unsuccessful.

Go to a bar? Too early to drink.

Watch a movie? None of the titles sounded interesting to him.

Enter a café? ...Hmm, he did feel a bit peckish, so that might be a good idea.

If he recalled correctly, there should be one a few blocks further ahead.

While making his mind, the Dragonborn failed to notice a young girl walking straight towards him. The girl also didn't seem to notice him, as her mind was in another place, and eventually, the two bumped into each other, though because she had a smaller frame than him, the girl was pushed back.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa!" The girl stumbled backwards, her feet tripping with the other one. But before she could fall to the ground, Arannir managed to grab her arm.

"Are you alright?" He asked while she adjusted herself.

"Y-Yes. Thank you for preventing my fall!" She said with a bow.

"Think nothing of it." Arannir placed a hand on his chest. "Do forgive me; I wasn't paying much attention to what was in front of me."

"No, no, it's alright! I should be the one apologizing. I...was distracted in my own thoughts, so I wasn't looking where I was walking." The girl replied, with the Dragonborn detecting a hint of sadness in her voice, something he decided to ignore.

"...Well, I guess we're even, then." He said. "Let's both try and avoid bumping into other people, alright?"

The girl quickly nodded before seemingly pausing for a moment, her eyes reflecting a sense of familiarity. He cleared his throat to regain her attention, causing her to shake her head.