4- Unexpected

I work until two, then go home. I shower quickly then head for the doctor's office across town. I only have to wait twenty minutes. My regular doctor decided to retire last week. Dr. Vickery took over my prenatal care.

"Doctor Vickery! You have to be wrong. Or seeing double. Or something! Please check again!"

I'm freaking out and the doctor is smiling like a dumbass! "Ms. Mikelson. My vision is perfect. I had an eye check-up yesterday. You are having twins. One boy and one girl."

"But why am I just now finding this out? Dr. Baker never said anything about twins. I'm twenty- three weeks along." I feel a tear slip from my eye.

"I don't know why Dr. Baker didn't see or say something. But you see both babies are clearly there."

"Talk about miracles! Bryson and I were just talking about Tyson being a miracle last night." I look at the sonogram pictures again. I felt a smile bloom across my face. "Oh wait until I tell him this! He's gonna be shocked speechless! I love it! Thank you Dr. Vickery!"

"So I take it that you are good with this new development."

"Yes ma'am! I couldn't be happier!" We shook hands and I left the office.

I went to the grocery store and got a few things that I forgot to get the other day. A very normal habit for me.

I have the feeling of being watched. I check out and walk to my car. I am putting the three bags into my trunk when I hear the nightmare.

"Well hello, my little Trinity!"

I turn as I shut the trunk of my car. I see the last person that I would ever want to lay eyes on again. James Oakes! Bryson and Ryland's father!

"Keep standing there. I need to lay down a speed bump."

"That ain't very nice. Now that my boys are out of the picture. You can be my woman."

"In your dreams! I wouldn't touch you with my worst enemy's hand. My Bryson and Ryland are not out of the picture. Now remove yourself from my presence. I don't hang around with abusers or molesters."

He reached for my arm. I bring up my hand that is wrapped around a pistol. He instantly backs away.

"I said to remove yourself. I! Am! Not! Playing! With! Your! Nasty! Ass!" He continued to walk away.

I open my door and got into my car as quickly as I possibly could. Still keeping an eye on him. Then locked my doors and drove away. Oh holy shit batman! James freaking Oakes! He is back! I have to tell the guys.

I drive towards the house. After three blocks, I notice a car staying behind me. I turn left instead of right. The car follows. I go a few blocks then turn right. The car follows again. I know for a fact that James is following me.

I am about to pick up the phone and call Ryland. Instead, I see a cop car. I decide to go to the police station. It is only a few blocks away. I pull in front of the building and hurry inside. I see James park beside my car as I walk through the door.

I walk to the front desk and tell the lady what is happening.

"Is he still out there?" The officer asks as he steps in front of me.

I go to the window. "I don't see his car. But I know who it was." I told him everything that happened. He looks up James' criminal history after I tell him about his history of abusing Ryland and Bryson.

"Is this him?" He shows me a mugshot taken just three years ago. He had beaten his son! A seven year old!

"Yes! That is him! I would bet ten thousand that if you go to see that boy, he would have fresh bruises. I would not put it past him to be sexually molesting him also. That is what he did to Ryland and Bryson. I am also curious about how we were not notified of his release from prison."