one | gracious rose

♥

SEASON FIVE
EPISODE TWENTY-ONE.

In the reflection of the glass doors, Rosa stared at the ghost of her sister. Those once sweet brown eyes were now hooded in horror, full of betrayal because Rosa had failed to help her sister find peace after all these years.

Yet, here she now was, about to start her job as a medical examiner and forensics specialist for the FBI, so she couldn't let the past bring her down anymore.

"Not today, Lills," whispered Rosa, pushing the doors as Lillian vanished.

Rosa sucked in a long, nervous breath before she forced a smile on her face. The receptionist at the front of the Bureau greeted Rosa warmly as she informed the woman that she had a meeting with Aaron Hotchner. Then, Rosa took a seat, watching the BAU in bewilderment as she waited patiently.

A dark-haired man eventually appeared, wearing a black suit with a red tie. "Dr Gomez?"

"Hi," Rosa greeted, quickly standing as she offered her hand for her new boss to shake. Of course, Rosa was more of a hugger, but a handshake was always best when it came to the boss. "Is it Chief Hotchner or Agent Hotchner?"

"Just Hotch," the man strained a smile.

"Great," said Rosa, finding herself rambling from the nerves. "Please, call me Rosa or Ros or Anna or even Rosanna, I'm really not that bothered."

"Rosa, this way then," Aaron told her, gesturing for them both to fall in step. "This is the first time the team have ever had a medical examiner, so welcome."

"No pressure then," Rosa laughed.

"None at all," agreed Aaron, truly meaning it. "Your academic background is rather impressive."

"Thank you," Rosa smiled, touched.

Rosa wasn't one to boast about herself, particularly when it came to everyone being shocked at her ambitions to work with the dead over the living. Having graduated early as a doctor, she had been met with hospitals wanting Rosa to intern with them, joining the surgical teams with endless possibilities. However, Rosa had turned them all down.

"This is the Behavioral Analysis Unit — the BAU as we call it," Aaron informed the newest addition, though she already knew. "We'll have our meeting first, then we'll give you a proper tour of the area."

Rosa smiled. "Perfect."

There were numerous people in the office as Rosa offered them all a polite smile, unknowing to who she would be working with. Then, Aaron led her upstairs as he gestured for her to enter his office. Rosa took a seat close to his desk, eyes following the agent as he sat down opposite her.