three | finding someone

♥

SEASON SIX
EPISODE TWO.

Rosa held a stack of case files close to her chest as she walked through the BAU with a happy smile on her face. Though, her optimism for the day came to a pause as her eyes fell on Emily and Spencer. Following their gaze, her eyes landed on Aaron's office with a frown.

"Who's in trouble?" Rosa asked, jokingly.

"No one," Emily replied. "But JJ is in there."

"I thought you guys were heading out on a case?"

"Yeah, in about fifteen minutes," said Spencer.

It was a missing person case so Rosa wasn't needed, meaning she got to work her basic hours and spend a little bit of quality time with her daughter. Still, though, it came at a pang of disappointment to not be joining them (but obviously a relief that she was not needed).

"I'm sure it's nothing," Rosa reassured them, smiling brightly.

But even Rosa didn't return back to the lab as she pulled up a chair next to Emily, working through her paperwork as she waited. Usually, she always headed up to say goodbye to the team when she wasn't needed anyway, so she wasn't being that nosy.

"JJ's still in there?" Penelope questioned, joining them.

"And Strauss," Emily added.

Rosa gasped. "You didn't tell me that!"

"I didn't want to ruin your optimism," replied Emily as Spencer reached forward, picking up a small carton of milk that Rosa eyed curiously. Seeing it, Emily groaned. "Again with the dairy?"

"I can't help it," Spencer told her. "I love dairy."

"I'd agree if that was chocolate milk," said Rosa. "When I don't feel good, chocolate milk always helps." Her eyes fell on the room again, frowning. "I could do with some right now."

"It's been, like, what, twenty minutes?" Penelope guessed.

"Well, ten more minutes, we're in the air," Derek added from behind them.

"I don't think it's about the case," Emily said.

Penelope looked down at Emily. "Do you know something?"

"Do I know something?"

"She just repeated the question," said Penelope. "You always say that's a sign."

Rosa frowned. "Emily..."

"Do you know why JJ's in there?" Derek asked.

"I have no idea," Emily told them.

"What is going on?" Penelope questioned.

"Maybe she asked for a raise?" Spencer guessed.

"Have his blinds ever been closed?"