The Fourth Of July

Yesterday was hectic. Drew got her stitches removed since her cuts weren't very deep and healed fast, and Peter made her watch all of the Star Wars movies so she could talk to Ned about them. On top of that, everyone was everywhere getting things. Tony had Friday order all of the snacks and drinks. They're having burgers and hot dogs for dinner. Tony also ordered the fireworks. Peter was hanging out with Ned and MJ again. Thor got back from Asgard, leaving a pattern on the grass from the Bifrost, much to Tony's dismay. Maria left to go to Shield headquarters to sort out something. Clint left to go to his farm to stay with his family for the night before bringing them here for today. Sam left to go to his sister's house before they come to the party later. Bucky is supposed to keep Steve out of the compound until Tony calls them and tells them to return.

It's currently 1:00 PM, and the girls, including Drew, are outside hanging balloons, streamers, and lanterns. Wanda is using her powers to hang the lanterns, and she accidentally lifts Drew. "This is awesome!" shouts Drew from at least fifteen feet in the air. Wanda looks up and sees Drew suspended by her magic in the air. All of the girls look up at the sound of Drew's voice, and Nat, who is worried for Drew's safety, screams, "Drew!" "Nat! I'm having fun!" shouts Drew in response. "Wanda, lower her down carefully," says Nat. Wanda lowers Drew to ten feet in the air. "Lower her the rest of the way down!" says Nat. "Awww. I like it up here! Can't I stay here until an hour before everyone arrives?" says Drew. Wanda starts saying, "I would let you, but..." then she coughs and says "Nat." Drew laughs and nods. "What was that Maximoff?" asks Nat. "Nothing!" says Wanda and Drew in unison. "Drew, Wanda is bringing you down now," says Nat. Instead of bringing Drew down, Wanda flies up to Drew's height and floats with her legs crossed next to Drew. "I swear, what am I going to do with you two?!" says Nat. "I have no idea!" says Drew. Carol flies up and sits with Drew and Wanda. "You three are going to be the death of me!" yells Nat. Yelena, Pepper, and Hope are doubled over laughing. Hope and Yelena have taken endless photos of the girls in the air and Nat's reactions. The girls in the air stay like that for twenty minutes before Nat calls Tony and Rhodey to make them get down. Wanda and Carol float down, and Wanda lowers Drew down carefully. "I want to do that again!" says Drew. "Sounds like a perfect plan to me. How about one day when Nat leaves to go on a mission or run errands or something we do that again? I give my full consent for you to swing through the city with Peter whenever he offers!" says Wanda so that only Drew could hear. "Yay!" says Drew. Then she sees that Pepper is trying to carry way too many balloons at once. "Need some help?" asks Drew. "Yes, please!" says Pepper. Drew takes some balloons and brings them to where they're supposed to be. An hour later, at 2:30 PM, all of the decorations are hung, and all that has to be done is the food needs to be grilled, and Tony and Bruce need to set up the fireworks. Guests are to arrive at 5:00. Until then, everyone is free to do whatever.

Peter gets back at 3:00 and offers to take Drew swinging around the city so she can get out of the compound grounds. Drew asks Wanda, who says yes. Peter takes Drew's hand, and they walk to the compound gates. Together, they walk out of the gates and ten minutes to the edge of the city. Peter picks Drew up and says, "Geez, you're super light!" "Thanks!" says Drew. Then Peter shoots a web to a window of a building and says, "Hold on!" "I am!" replies Drew. Peter nods and launches up into the sky. He swings from building to building shooting webs. Instead of screaming as most people would be, Drew is cheering. She is having the time of her life. To her, Peter is the best big brother in the world. They swing up Broadway street, and the next thing Drew knows, she's swinging down 35th street. Twice Peter almost hits a billboard, and Drew screams. He points out his Aunt May's apartment and his school. He points out Ned and MJ's apartments before going even higher. The view is incredible!

It's 4:30 when Peter and Drew are approaching the gates of the compound. Technically, they are thirty minutes late, but they were having fun, so in their opinion, who cares? Drew and Peter are engaged in a conversation about the best moments of their adventure. "What about when you narrowly avoided the billboards? That was awesome!" says Drew. "That part was a little nerve-racking, but it was so much fun! We have to do this again soon!" says Peter. "Definitely!" says Drew. Behind the gates is Nat, who's wearing a red dress and tapping her foot impatiently. Drew and Peter's smiles fade a little at the sight of her. "Hi, Nat!" says Drew cheerfully. "Drew! Peter! It's 4:30! Guests arrive in thirty minutes!" exclaims Nat. "I noticed," says Drew. "Mmhm, sure you did," says Nat. Drew and Peter look at each other and shrug. "Anyways, come on! Let's go inside and get ready!" says Nat.