Chapter 6

"OK hon, let me grab some snacks," Adele replied. "OK," Y/n replied back.

Soon her grams walked in the room with a tray full of cookies and three glasses of milk. Adele, with the help of Y/n, put down everything before looking up and smiling.

"Grams, this is Eric Northman," Y/n said motioning towards him. "Eric, this is my Grandmother, also Grams," she said.

"Hello Mr. Northman, I'm Adele Stackhouse," she said reaching out her hand. Eric gave a handshake replying "it's a pleasure."

Adele noticed how cold his hand was and looked closer at his face "well I should've known better," she said smiling. Y/n and Adele sat as Eric stood standing and looking confused "pardon," he said.

"Well you are a vampire, I accidentally brought out three glasses," Adele said laughing. They all laughed as Eric sat with them.

After they settled down, Adele noticed how close Eric and Y/n were. She listened as he talked, also noticing Y/n watching him.

'I know that look,' she thought to her self smiling. They continued on until Y/n turned to Adele. "Grams, have you ever heard of a mate bound," Y/n asked.

Adele nodded before speaking up "one of the most powerful ones in nature and life, neither is complete without the other." Eric nodded as Y/n listened in wonder.

"Their love for each other goes beyond anything or anyone. When someone finds their mate, that's all that matters and it's a beautiful thing that should never be taken for granted or taken away," Adele continued "I believe everyone has that one person they were destined to be with, and especially when it comes to a mate bond the two will always find a way to be with one another. It's fate," she finished.

Y/n listened but began to feel nervous as she thought of how to tell her grams. She listened to her heart and decided to just blurt it out.

"Grams Eric is my mate," Y/n said looking at the ground. "I know bug," Adele said smiling.

"Whaaaaaaatttt," Y/n asked with wide eyes.