REACH

"I told you, Yuki! I told you!" I heard Yuzuha scream from the outside. "We should've flown somewhere immediately!"

"Can you chill the fuck? We are yet to know what happened,"

"Isn't that obvious already? That guy probably shoo-ed her!"

I hate to be the reason why these things keep happening to me and my friends. I wasted no time and sprinted out of his house. Coincidentally, a cab happened to pass by and I hurriedly rode on it without looking back at Rindou who desperately shouted for my name.

As if anything would change.

Loud knocks were the reason why the tension from the living room was minimized. The fleeting feeling crossed my insides as the sound of a creaking door from outside of my room happened.

"What do you want with my friend? You fucking thick-faced asshole!"

"Yuzuha, chill down!"

"Excuse me. I need to see Y/N," A familiar voice passed my ears, making my shoulders fall hopelessly.

"What do you fucking want? You are not gonna see her, fucking bastard!"

"Yuzuha, I said chill!"

Now, Yuki's gone mad, too.

"If you're expecting me to be Rindou, I'm not. I need to see Y/N right now,"

There was a quick silence before footsteps were made. My door flew open as Ran walked through my direction– in the corner of my bed, letting the door half open.

"What happened?" Ran's usual formal suit was too pleasant in my eyes. I looked away and uttered nothing.

"What did he said?"

"He thought this wasn't his," Can't deny how bitter I sound there. Eitherway, he will obviously know what I'll feel. That's a hard slap on my face, a great stomp on my remaining ego after visiting his brother like nothing happened after almost a month.

"And?"

"And what, Ran? Why don't you talk to your brother and squeeze the hell out of him 'til he says everything?" Now, taste my wrath, Haitani. That's a con of having a stupid little cheating brother!

He scoffed and shook his head. Thank God, both of my friends decided not to step inside my room with Ran. They may be curious, but I know they trust me too well.

"Come on, you know we never had a chance to talk,"

"That's not my problem. I created a way to talk to him. It wasn't that hard,"

He pulled a wooden chair from under the desk using his toe before sitting on it, legs wide apart while his hand clasped. "He's purposely avoiding me,"

"Oh, maybe because he thinks you're the father of my child?" I laughed nonchalantly, trying to remember the exact words that were left from Rindou's mouth.

He once again scoffed, lifting himself to stand up straight. "That shit probably thought we had something. Now, I know,"

"Know what?"

"Listen, I have a girl. I never told him anything about her for some reason. Maybe, he's hinting that I was snaking him to get you,"

Goodness!

Both of my palms met my face in frustration. How could he think like that? Without even asking me the truth first?

"You should talk to him. I don't want to avoid my brother any longer. You know how important he is to me, Y/N," Those were the last words that came out from his mouth before he decided to step towards the door. Coincidentally, he towered over Rindou who just went in. God knows how much I panicked with my posture.

"Ran, what the fuck?" His fist stopped midair, almost collapsing with his brother's face but for some reasons, he can't. I know... we all know he can't.

Ran is his only treasure, his only family. He would do everything, sacrifice everything for him... the same goes to Ran, of course. And he wouldn't get physical against him just because of a girl.

"Oh, you finally came,"

"Yeah? I've got a surprise for you, bro. Why don't you take a peek outside?"

Ran's sloppy eyes widened, wasting no time to create large steps towards the exit.

Pretty awkward, I wished for him to be here but now that he is, my tongue got tied and I can't utter a single word anymore. The pain and wrath subsided, maybe because of the confusion that Ran cleared up.

"You should've told me you liked my brother more,"

"Oh wow, Rin! You're coming over just to say that in front of my face?" Scratch that, I'm damn annoyed now. Subside my ass!

"Listen–"

"Are you crazy, Rindou, huh? You really think I would pull that shitty idea? What made you think of that?" I gripped on the blanket, sliding my butt backwards to lean on the cemented wall. "I never had a relationship with Ran. In fact, I was thankful for him for checking me out sometimes when his brother couldn't!"

"Look, Y/N, listen–"

"No, Rindou! You just fucking denied our baby. How fucking amazing was that? You think it was a good move to hurt me? Sure, great! It was damn effective! Now get out of here!" As if on cue, tears pooled my eyes, eventually crawling down on my cheeks. "You just denied our baby, Rin..." My voice went soft as I felt so fragile and hurt, covering my face using my palms to hide my hopeless face.

I didn't even notice how he walked his way near me, eventually sitting to wrap me with his long arms. His dominant hand caressed my hair smoothly as if I was about to break if not taken care of.

"I'm sorry, Y/N," It was the exact words he said before stretching the silence out once again. My sobs and his heavy breaths are the only sounds that kept repeating for like five minute. Not until he decided to break it again.

"I'm sorry. I feel so bad... seriously," His hand stopped on the back of my head, pulling it closer to him. "I saw my brother going in and out of our house last month. I don't know his intentions, I was damn afraid to ask him 'cause I know if he confirms it, I might get crazy,"

Shocked and confused, I lifted my head up to face him. His eyes were apologetic, blinking fast just to get a glimpse of my shiny tears.

"I know I was stupid for hanging out in a bar with some girls flocking beside me. That time, I really wish I could erase my thoughts by clouding my mind with girls but," His thumb glided on my lips, touching and pinching it softly. "You know I can't. I was angry for a month especially when you left. I thought you moved out because you're guilty– I'm sorry I wasn't able to be there for our child,"

"Oh shut up, will you?" I tried to elbow him off yet he didn't even budge. "You're a fucking manwhore! You didn't cared at all. You had all the chances to come after me but you didn't, Rin. If you're here for the baby, then let's just make a–"

As lethal as he is, he silenced me with a deep and aggressive kiss... the ones he usually give whenever he expresses his eagerness after work. The warmth of his lips feels good, the smell of his minty breath that I love, the touch of his soft skin feels like home.

If this is a sign to give ourselves another chance, who am I to refuse?

A loud pop escaped after our shared sloppy kisses. I stared at him for too long while he gazed at my flat tummy.

This is my Rindou Haitani, my unreachable criminal. Despite having him in my arms right now, I feel like he's a thousand miles away from me– like it's a sin for having him. A commoner like me to have a famous ruler of Roppongi and soon, Japan. I was hesitant since then... while I hide my shadows under his territory, some of his fellow executives know about me– the rest is history. I'm just a mere college graduate with a small shop in Tokyo, not much of an achievement compared to the lethal man in front of me.

"You're too hard to reach,"... cause you're so stubborn and prideful.

He lifted his gaze and met mine, "Then let me fall... So I could be the one to reach you."