10 ☁ Touch her again, I dare you

When the Pogues and Mira arrived at Kelce's, the house was already buzzing with fellow teens guzzling alcohol like it was water

When the Pogues and Mira arrived at Kelce's, the house was already buzzing with fellow teens guzzling alcohol like it was water. Usually, Pogues wouldn't be allowed at such an event, but Kelce was already too pissed to realise who was at his party and he'd give Mira a pass to let them stay anyway.

 Usually, Pogues wouldn't be allowed at such an event, but Kelce was already too pissed to realise who was at his party and he'd give Mira a pass to let them stay anyway

Mira's outfit 

Music was playing on the loudspeakers and mixed with the alcohol, Mira began to feel a blurred sort of tipsy.

JJ was now occupied trying to teach Pope to shotgun, after Pope had been watching the two of them shotgun for the past 10 minutes, along with Kie and John B who was accompanied by Sarah.

Mira weaved her way through the bustling people inside the house, looking to find Rafe. Walking past the kitchen, she knocked into a familiar face, spilling her drink down his shirt. "I am so sorry. I didn't mean t-"

"Mira. Glad you could make it," a familiar voice replied.

"Oh, Topper. Um, do you know where Rafe is?"

"Don't worry about him. Are you having a good time?" He slurred his words a bit, leaning over Mira who was pressed up against the kitchen island.

"Yeah, it's, um, good." Between words, the girl tried to slip out of Topper's way.

"Where are you going? The fun is all here," Topper said, holding his arm out to block the girl's way.

Mira smiled, not wanting to be rude to the guy, especially seeing as her best friend had just dumped him. 

"Topper," she began, only to be interrupted by him sliding his hands down her waist. 

"What are you doing?" Mira tried to push the boy off, but he had himself pressed against her and was much taller than the girl. 

"Just relax, Mira." He lent in, glancing at Sarah who was watching the events unfold, and lifted his hand to Mira's neck.

He forcefully pressed his lips to hers and Mira who was caught off guard and froze before she attempted to push him off. Topper stood his ground and continued.

Suddenly, Mira felt the weight against her lift and looked to see none other than Rafe Cameron throwing his best friend to the ground. 

"Don't you fucking touch her," he yelled, holding Topper by the collar of his shirt.

"Jealous? I mean yeah, she's hot bro but chill," Topper quickly replied, with his hands in the air.

Rafe's hand quickly released Topper's shirt only to fall to a tight fist that collided with the boy's face. Topper shook himself off, standing up to face the boy to return the punch, leaving Rafe with a split lip.

"Rafe, stop!" Mira, joined by Sarah yelled at the boys who were violently attacking each other.

She thought quickly, knowing that this wouldn't end well for either of them. She picked up an empty bottle that was lying on the countertop beside her, throwing it with force at the fridge. Rafe and Topper turned to see what had caused the noise, giving Mira the opportunity to slide herself between them. 

"Stop!" she squealed, scared to cop a hit herself. Rafe firmly gripped the girls shoulders and gently pushed her to the side. 

"Touch her again, I dare you," Rafe threatened through gritted teeth, clenched tight at his jaw.

He was holding Topper by his throat, pressing him against the wall. He eyed Topper for a few more seconds, then dropped him. He looked at Mira, who was teary-eyed whilst standing next to Sarah and then he took off out the door, the crowd of people parting like traffic at the sound of an ambulance. Mira let go of Sarah and chased after him.

"What the fuck, Rafe!" she yelled, catching up to the boy that had made it down the drive. 

"He had his hands over you, what was I meant to do?" he said. 

"I don't know, Rafe, maybe not try to beat your best friend?"

Rafe stopped and turned to Mira. "I can't stand it when they have their hands on you."

"Who?" Mira asked.

"Anyone. They look at you like a piece of fucking meat."

Mira stood silently whilst her clothes clung to her body, soaked by the rain outside. Rafe went to turn his back.

"Why do you care so much?"

Rafe began walking again, his shoulders rising and falling with every agitated breath.

"Okay, Rafe. Walk away."

Rafe stopped, with his back turned to Mira, before storming towards her and gripping her by her forearm. 

"Because, Mira. I-"

"You what?" Mira could feel his breath brush against her face. She looked into his eyes. There it was again - that feeling that was there at the carwash. They'd exchanged glances plenty before their alliance, maybe they even secretly admired each other's appearances, but they hadn't truly seen each other until now. Now, her eyes were familiar and deep and alive, and Mira? She saw past his face, into his soul.

"Get the fuck off her." JJ came storming down the driveway.

"We're good, JJ." Mira stepped in front of the blonde-haired boy, who had also had far too much alcohol to drink in such little time. 

"You're good?" JJ questioned Mira with genuine concern. "Because I'll fuck him up," He spat at Rafe, who glared at him. 

"And that fucking Topper, too. I don't care. I'll, I'll get t-them all."

"Okay, that's enough, JJ." Kie came marching down, grabbing JJ by his shoulders, who looked like he was about to collapse. 

"Be fucking careful." She narrowed her eyes to Rafe who kept his gaze lowered.

"Where are you going?" Mira said when she noticed Rafe disappearing down the road.

"I don't know," he yelled, throwing his hands in the air. Mira ran up to him, grabbing onto his hands. "Come with me?" she asked.

"Where?"

"The beach."

"It's raining, Mira."

"That's the point, dumbass," she grinned.
"Watch your tongue, Keller. I'm not in the mood."
"Shut up. Let's go." Mira grabbed his arm and dragged him down the road to the beach.