「 02; Second Place 」

▬▬▬▬

"For second place we have, Nishimura Riki.."

"he's the second placer?"

"but he's too young"

"i hope it won't happen tonight"

Gasps and murmurs spreading through out the theater. Only a few people were congratulating him but it didn't seem sincere. This caused the said boy to be even more confused. Biting his lip and fiddling with his fingers.

"why does everyone seem pitiful.."

One of the staffs gave Riki a certificate with the prize money attached to it. Quite a fair price for a second placer. Nonetheless, he quietly thanked the lady and looked back to the audience, gulping.

"Surprising results today.."

Someone watching from afar, eyed the place. His hands behind his back, chin up, with no expressions written on his face. Looking at the boy's face then disappeared into the shadows.

"Jake hyung! I got second place!"

"yeah congratulations Riki..."

Riki ran to the other with his boxy smile and gave him a hug. But he senses that something is not right.

"hyung, are you not proud of me..?"

"i─ i am, it's just that, the thing I told you yknow.."

"oh come on, it's a silly myth"

"But Riki look around. What about the people's reactions a while ago"

The younger faced the other way not wanting to listen. He wanted to celebrate without any troubles tonight.

"Ki I just wanted to warn you okay? Just stay safe and don't do anything stupid later. It's for your own good."

Jake held his hand to atleast comfort him. While the younger nodded in response.

🎶

The cold and dark paths of Seoul. That's where Riki is right now. Time check it's 11:06 p.m. About an hour away from his curfew. He's here to empty his mind from the worries around.

"why is everyone suddenly protective of me.. that's just a dumbass myth.."

The boy stopped his tracks after seeing a light post flickering. It looks like it was damaged seeing the sparks coming out of it. Every time it shines, some kind of figure appears. Riki rubbed his eyes to see it more but it's gone.

"i think i should head off now. i need some rest"

Before he could go, Riki felt like he was being dragged into an alleyway. He can't ask for help nor can he scream. It's as if he was controlled.

"You should've listened to the people, Nishimura."

Riki was trembling seeing that figure again. He was pinned to the wall with a knife infront of his throat. Focusing on the person, it was an odd looking boy.

"please.. let me go.."

"why should i? it will ruin the fun" He pouted then proceeded to place the knife nearer. Riki could feel the sharp blade starting to get in contact with his skin. He's trying his best to avoid it from bleeding.

"hmm, I'll let you off the hook for now"

He let go of the boy who collapsed to the floor. Catching his breath and wiping his tears off. Then again, the figure grabbed Riki's chin pulling him closer.

"but it doesn't mean I'll let go of your life."

Too focused on the other, Riki didn't notice that a red line has been drawn around his neck. He released the boy leaving him passing out on the ground.

"you will not speak of this to the public or it'll be the last time you're catching your breath"

▬▬▬▬

── answers are waving