𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧.

▬▬▬▬

If you're new to this book and skipped the chapters to get here, i highly encourage you to read the story since i'll be explaining the chapters and hidden easter eggs. of course, spoiler alert!!

STORY.

So let's start with our antagonist's backstory..

A boy who likes to sing and join opera competitions for fun. He always gets first place maybe because of his talents. This caused one person to get annoyed and jealous. A second placer who wants to get rid of Kim Sunoo.

This is where it went downhill, remember the prologue?

"Meeting with the dark"

A piano falling onto the boy. there was no way he could survive since it was too late to get away. Traumatizing sight for the audience isn't it.

As Sunoo's soul arrives to the underworld, one devil (a.k.a. Yang Jungwon) meets him and offers a deal. A deal where he could get revenge he should never stop doing that. Killing someone related to him whether it was by blood or not. Sunoo thought of killing future second placers. And all for his and the devil's amusement.

Sunoo only has to kill one of the second placers but he always picks the pianist.

Yes, this is what the so called "myth/curse" is.

Let's go to our main character..

A boy who likes to play the piano and attened available competitions. Doing this to make his ignorant parents proud.

The night at the alleyway, Sunoo spared him because he could see potential in him and also catches feelings.

The nightmares and hallucinations were caused by Sunoo. He manipulated and messed with Riki's mind so he couldn't forget about him. But he can temporarily remove some of Riki's memories that's why he's being forgetful.

Sunoo enrolled in Riki's school because well, he just wants to see him and grow closer with him.

In chapter 5, the "Massacre at Palais Garnier" was actually caused by Sunoo. He tried to get Riki to ignore that photo he found and leave it in the past.

In chapter 6, Sunoo messed with Riki's mind making him pass out since his ghost friend was approaching them. There's no exact character for the guy but you can imagine him as anyone you want.

In chapter 7, Riki genuinely wanted to know Sunoo more and also hang out with him which leads to catching feelings.

Chapters 8-9 are pretty self explanatory.

In chapter 10, Sunoo unalives Riki not only so he could stay with him, but because he didn't want to break Yang Devil's trust.

Wow, this whole time Riki was in love with a ghost who was loyal to his promise.

In the future, Riki got used to his new life with the help of his lover. Sunoo killing the pianists and Riki with the singers. You could say they are partners in crime.

EASTER EGGS.

• i emphasized on the words "first love" in chapter 8 because in reality, it's not exactly his first, it's his last.

• it's already pretty obvious but the date, "December 9" is Riki's birthday and death day.

• the blurred text in chapter 4's article is nothing but a brief description of "the killer of the opera".

• here are the meanings of the flowers and why the characters painted them in chapter 8:

- Rosemaries: remembrance because Riki wanted answers and to remember again.

- Lavenders: serenity and devotion because Sunoo is a very loyal and calm person.

- Blue Salvias: "thinking of you" Riki can't get Sunoo off his mind.

- Red Salvias: "forever mine" Sunoo loved Riki so much that they are stuck together, forever.

i really researched so much and put my whole heart and soul into this book damn..

▬▬▬▬